Author Topic: Smoke tar damaged Photo  (Read 3161 times)

Offline miagre1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke tar damaged Photo
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 February 07 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter,

Best regards George
Scan at 300 plus for restores please. Scan at larger dpi for small photos. Don't forget to crop the scanner bed out! (Them's the white bits)
Please feel free to alter any work by me for the benefit of the Poster.

Linklater - Middlesbrough/Orkney/Shetland
Cantley - Longhope/Hoy

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Darlingtonian

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 February 07 01:51 GMT (UK) »
It's difficult to see the middle of the picture Peter but I've had a stab at it.

If nobody gets it any better, I do have it in a bigger size.

Jean
Lidster, Mellanby, Milburn, Laidler, Peart, Thornton, Catterson, Ellwood, Ingleby, Ramage, Sedgewick, Collinson....... Co.Durham
Ingleby....Derbyshire
Ellwood, Rigg, Gibson, Park, Fothergill.....Westmorland

Offline Darlingtonian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 February 07 11:39 GMT (UK) »
I've given you a bit of a haircut Peter......I suppose only you know what it was like at the time.
Lidster, Mellanby, Milburn, Laidler, Peart, Thornton, Catterson, Ellwood, Ingleby, Ramage, Sedgewick, Collinson....... Co.Durham
Ingleby....Derbyshire

Offline Harry Ward

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 February 07 18:47 GMT (UK) »
here is my humble attempt.

Harry
If anyone has problems with scans or prints etc see this link..
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,136704.0.html

Scan at better than 300 dpi if possible..if you do not know how just ask

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 February 07 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Peter ... Here  are a couple of versions for you .. I have had to "paint in some parts that were completely missing so that you may feel it isn't really a restoration in the true sense of the word .. Luckily the faces weren't too difficult to clean up so I hope the likeness is still true .. These versions are NOT big enough to print  ie they are only 3x4 cms in reality. I f you think you would want a copy of any to frame please pm me  asap  with your email addy and I will send them to you ,.. I have a couple of versions at 7x5 ..
Poll :)
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline isitdust

• RootsChat Senior
  • Peter Machon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 13 February 07 19:35 GMT (UK) »
To All

Many many tank you's for the effort put in
The likenesses are amazing
The fact that something has been salvaged from such a blacken photo is incredible

I have since taken a very good look at both th original I cleaned up and th copies on here - especially the quick lighten up done by Mudge - if you look very closely you will see I  am holding an Icecream cone with a ball of ice cream and a slice of wafer biscuit stuck into it

Would be nice to see this restored

Again many expressions of thanks go out to you all

Best regards
Peter
Surname interests:
Machon(Poland), Hill, Howard, Tate, Cockburn, Maltby, Atack(Haytack), Wood, Walker, Brittle, Anderson
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Area Interests:
Poznan Poland, Nottingham, London, Oxfordshire, Middlesex, Durham, Northumberland, Huddersfield West Yorkshire, Burton on Trent Staffordshire

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 February 07 19:40 GMT (UK) »
And the second version..
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 February 07 02:24 GMT (UK) »
Did you want a flake in it too? ???  I couldnt make out the wafer i'm afraid ! ::)

Offline Darlingtonian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 February 07 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Poll, that's lovely.......thought it was just his finger  ??? ???
Jean
Ingleby....Derbyshire