Author Topic: Isabella  (Read 1221 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Isabella
« on: Friday 09 February 07 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Isabella Lane was my grt Grandmother and I know she was around in 1914 as she is on a family photo
How can I find her death .Her husband was James Lane
and they lived at Westmoorland Road Newcastle

Isabella was a widow when she married James in 1893

she was born at Pitsligo Aberdeenshire 1859

Maiden Name Isabella Birnie Watson

First husband Adam McKenzie

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 February 07 23:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth,

You can search through bmds free on www.ancestry.co.uk although it means going through page by page - or pay-to-view on www.findmypast.com

only about 40 years to search through, have you no idea roughly when she died? Unfortunately Newcastle register office indexes don't cover deaths yet.

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 February 07 23:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Barbara

I couldn't find it at Bolbec hall when I was there

I looked all day for the death from 1914 up to about 1938

I cannot remember hearing of her at home only that she liked to travel

She was my Dads Grandmother

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth