Author Topic: 1851 census, Finsbury, London.COMPLETED, Thankyou.  (Read 3716 times)

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census, Finsbury, London.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 February 07 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Barbara, I have had a rubbish day at work but have just logged in and read your message's , they have put a big smile on my face,   but you are  a glutton for punishment.  well done gal, good on yer.  I am just going to re-read what you have found.  Eilleen.
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.
LAING from Elgin ,Scotland.
 HADDELSEY from Caistor,and Grimsby Lincolnshire.                   
 Parfitt, Le Gros ,Le Sueur, from Jersey.
Martin, from Doncaster  to whelyn garden city, London.
BINT, Worchester, in Australian mint.

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 February 07 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Bless him, he bought me more imfomation today. birth cert of Daniel MACK, 22ND Dec 1856, at 108, Golden lane. of St Luke, Middlesex.  father Daniel Mack, dock labourer, mother Sarah Mack formerly Absolam.

but then the birth cert of the other Sarah's twin,  say's Mathew MCNAMARA ,born Dec 1864, at 1 Grahams building, Bunhill row,  reg district St  Luke. sub district Finsbury,  father Daniel MCNAMARA, mother Sarah MCNAMARA formally Absolam.  father was a corn porter.        Eilleen.
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.

Offline Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 February 07 20:02 GMT (UK) »
Well. it is looking more and more likely that this is the same couple - Daniel Mack or Mcnamara and Sarah Absalom.  It would be very strange if Sarah had married a Daniel Mack and then a Daniel McNamara.

Also I found another birth on the IGI

Richard Macnamara
Birth11 JUL 1859     
Christening:  31 JUL 1859   Saint Thomas Charterhouse, Finsbury

Free BMD shows

Births Sep 1859 
MACNAMARA  Richard    St Luke  1b 599

Deaths Sep 1860 
McNamara  Richard    St Luke  1b 333

Has he got anything else I wonder?

Barbara

Still no luck in the 1861 census  ???

Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London
Lewin - India and NZ
Evan-Thomas - Wales and London
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Barbara , Isobel on this site, say's some bits are missing for the 1861 census , they maybe on fiche is what she thought.  I have found an article dated Jan 1861,  one bit say's on Monday night an inquest was held by the coroner as to the death of Sarah Brasnell, aged 74 yrs, who was discovered in a dying condition, at number 4, Graham's building, Bunhill row, St Luke's. and who died from exposure to the cold, the deceased was a slop-worker, and in receipt of 1s 6p.per week and a loaf from the parish. On Thursday night Mrs Brasnall was not about at her usual time, and on the following morning a lodger went to her room and found her lying upon her bedstead naked. It was very cold and frosty at the time,  her body was much emaciated  , she died from want of food and clothing,  it seems thousands of families round that area were really struggling with life,  no wonder they did not get into the census,  I bet lot's were missed off.      from Eilleen.    back to my reading.

Offline Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 22 February 07 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Eilleen
Just had a quick look at my street index to the 1861 London Census. Seems that part of Bunhill Row is missing too!  So that could explain why we can't find the family in 1861.
I suppose the next step is to trawl through the death indexes for the death of Daniel - under all his possible surnames!
If the children were all born to the same couple, I suppose that restricts the time frame quite a bit.
Barbara
Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London
Lewin - India and NZ
Evan-Thomas - Wales and London
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline alwayskint

• RootsChat Extra
  • my grandfather Nicholas Lachanudis
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census, Finsbury, London.COMPLETED, Thankyou.
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 30 January 24 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Please if anyone still looking into this family could they please contact me my partners family is  descendants' Sarah Absalom .
The 1871 census with Sarah married to Daniel is Sarah Absalom my Partners family are from their son Daniel Mack Jr  as far as we know the Mack's and McNamara's are one and the same.
leeman of Hull ---------Bentley of kilnwick-------Green of winfarthing & Hull---penrose of howden- -barmby on the marsh--brayton----Amos of  Canewdon Essex -
 Filby of Maldon Essex ------- Lachanudis of Greece----
Tranmer of Hull --- Amos of devon -------