Author Topic: I don't believe it!..It's a BOY!!  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Pete.i

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: How to Remove the Ectoplasm!
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 February 07 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol

Well if you follow this link http://retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=255;this is where I picked up most of what I know. Having said that I just fiddle with levels, look at the red, green and blue channels then adjust them. But the link is to a good site with many tutorials  ;D give it a go and good luck let me know how you get on  :) :) :)

Pete
Hi Everyone

PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300 - 600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES.  THANK YOU!

Offline Shaztoni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 February 07 19:36 GMT (UK) »
What I did carol was ran it through Noiseware first, with a high luminosity and low colour. The with Photoshop CS I got rid of any of the really bad blotches, duplicated the layer added a soft light, reduced the percentages on this layer down to about 50% and I think that was about it.

Sharon
This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 February 07 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Sharon...that's really helpful...Thanks for the link Pete...i have saved the site so that i can have a look when I have time!...Your help is much appreciated!...Will give it a try!
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline tabsearch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Whitfield Longley 1894 - 1972
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 11 February 07 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi T.T.

Here is a couple more, plus the following link may help.

http://www.lunacore.com/photoshop/tutorials/tut016.htm

David
Please feel free to colour or improve for the benefit of the poster but an acknowledgement would be appreciated

Offline tabsearch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 February 07 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Sorry T.T was not paying attention to detail e.g left leg of chair. :-[

David

Please feel free to colour or improve for the benefit of the poster but an acknowledgement would be appreciated

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 February 07 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks David....you've done a lovely job.. ;D..I like them all....I have saved the link and will greatly benefit from your help!
Thanks everyone for taking the time!!!!!..I'm sure going to be busy!!! ;)
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline tabsearch

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 February 07 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol, I hope you get as much fun from this as we all do. :)

David

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 12 February 07 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks David...I already do :D...and long may it continue!!
Carol

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 12 February 07 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol.. won't wonder off topic in case I get my wrist slapped  :o :-X ;).... lol Here's your pic ... Larger one for printing avaiable and in black and white if you want it  .. Shall  I send them to you ?
Poll
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople