Author Topic: What happened to?  (Read 2440 times)

Offline juliew

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
What happened to?
« on: Tuesday 13 February 07 14:29 GMT (UK) »
What happened to Bassett Charles Kite born 22-3-1889 dist Chelsea familys address Bagleys Lane
Fulham

son of Daniel (also known as George) born 1849 Sheerness Kent (died 1912 lived at Florence Road Leytonstone widow as on the 1901 census). married Elizabeth Ann nee Davies born Cardiff at the parish church Wimbledon 1879.

brother of Hartcourt Stuart Kite born 1882 Lambeth, married Margaret Maher 1914, Cardiff died
1948 Cardiff

Grandson of Ambrose Kite (bricklayer born abt 1814 Iwade, Kent) and Mary.

Julie

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 February 07 16:14 GMT (UK) »
What happened to Bassett Charles Kite born 22-3-1889 dist Chelsea

Have you lost him Julie ;D
It's hard trying to find anyone after the 1901 census,what info are you looking for? then maybe somebody can help.

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline juliew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 February 07 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia,

Thanks for your reply.  This one has been a brick wall for a few years.  I dont really know if this is the person, I cant go back I need to go forward.  The actual person I'm looking for is a Charles Bass, he changed his name and this person seems a very likely candidate as they both share the same dob place of birth have both lived in Wales Bassetts fathers name is Daniel but changed it to George and Charles fathers name is George Daniel as per his marriage cert.  Why I'm looking for info about Bassett Charles is that my mum remembers the surname Kite being mentioned when she was young girl, also an aunt said his brothers name is Harcourt.  I dont think there is any more to be done other than finding someone else who is looking for Bassett.

Thanks

Julie

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 February 07 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Julie
on the bottom of the page you will see {your surename interests} Click on it when the page comes up click on search surname B.You will see Bassett click on it there are 11 members with a Bassett surename interest, and places.
If you find anything that might be of interest you can then P.M. them.You never know you might make a connection :D

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline juliew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 February 07 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia,

I will have a look, but Bassett is his 1st name and Kite the last name. I have a description of Bassett from his army records he was in the Welsh boarder guards, but am wondering how observant they were in their descriptions? they both had brown eyes, Bassett has brown hair but Charles had black (blue black) hair, so thats made me more uncertain.   

Julie

Offline juliew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 October 10 14:09 BST (UK) »
Completed

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 03 October 10 17:17 BST (UK) »
jULIE,
How did the story end?

John

Offline juliew

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 October 10 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

As it happened I had the right person all the time.  Knowing that my uncle had grandads WW1 medals I got in touch with him and found out that he had seen grandads birth cetificate many years ago (if only I had spoken to him sooner). Grandad had just altered his name around.  Bassett became Bass for his last name, Charles his middle name became his first name and he totally got rid of his surname Kite.  With his father changing his name from Daniel to George didnt help, but his death certificate has 2 entries under Daniel and George, the death certidicate has Daniel (also known as George), his name ended up as George Daniel Bass on grandads marriage certificate.   So now have that line back to the 1400's, not my work but a distant relative who has been researching for 40yrs.  I'm glad I got in touch with this rellie as he had no info on this side of the family at all.  This was the side of the family that got me started in family history.  So I'm one happy bunny.   ;D         

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 04 October 10 10:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks for reply.

JOHN