Author Topic: Ancestry death records have gone  (Read 3334 times)

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry death records have gone
« Reply #27 on: Friday 16 February 07 00:37 GMT (UK) »

I wrote to ancestry - as did Bob -  & received a response as follows

We are currently addressing the issues you are experiencing. The inconvenience is a temporary situation and hopefully will be corrected shortly. Feedback from you, our valued customer, helps us correct errors and improve the website. Your patience and efforts to assist us in this matter are appreciated.

Apart from the nonsense of the valued customer - it appears, as confirmed by Carol, they know of the problems. (I don't use Rootsweb, but assume as owned by Anc. they share servers?)

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 16 February 07 06:22 GMT (UK) »
They haven't replied to me yet

Bob
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 16 February 07 07:22 GMT (UK) »

I have tried to get on Ancestry this morning with no luck but at least carol8353's post has a full explanantion :D

Thanks!
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand