Author Topic: 1861 census please  (Read 8939 times)

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 census please
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 February 07 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thanks for that Sue :)

Was looking for the same family in 1861, just in case it does turn out to be William with his parents. I think I found them under JENKIN  ;D

RG9/1576 fol 30 p 12
All living in Gwennap

William's father's occupation: measures coal

deb
Travellers = Penfold, Orchard, James
Devon = Middleton,  Waterfield, Adams, Clark/e, Gould
Cornwall = Palmer, Carnarton, Slack/Smith. Morris/h
Wales, New Quay = James, Evans

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jere

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 February 07 17:44 GMT (UK) »
thanx for all you'r help deb and sue.
much appreceited.
 kind regards jere. ;)
jeremiah monmouth,jones,roberts  llanddwywe-is-y-graig,jones llanaber,williams llanidloes,tucker wiltshire,jones merioneth, jones machen, hughes tredegar, herbert montana u.s.a.

Offline Welshbob1964

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 March 14 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Has the parents and family of William Jenkins. in 1881 census who stated he was born in Gwinalen, Cornwall been found conclusively now? I too am looking for the family of him, he was great great grandfather.

Regards
Rob

Offline Welshbob1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I know have evidence that the William Jenkins. in 1881 census R G11/5328/114/15 was William Vincent Jenkins who married Mary Jane Lang in 1873. His father was Thomas Jenkins a miner. I have found a census entry in Cornwall RG10/2347/15/21 that's shows a William Jenkins at home aged 17 with a Thomas Jenkins as head. Maybe one and the same?

Offline jere

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 18:35 GMT (UK) »
hello welshbob. Sorry for the delay in answering you but computer playing up a bit I will have to try and get my work back off brother in law as it was his family i was researching the jenkins and lang I shall get back to you in a couple of days if thats ok jere. :)
jeremiah monmouth,jones,roberts  llanddwywe-is-y-graig,jones llanaber,williams llanidloes,tucker wiltshire,jones merioneth, jones machen, hughes tredegar, herbert montana u.s.a.

Offline Welshbob1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 27 March 14 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi jere

Computers don't you just love them lol.

I have an update on the census RG10/2347/15/21 in Cornwall I found, it is not our William. I found at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kayhin/72347.html on page 5 a transcript of that census. That Thomas was a ship carpenter as ours was a miner, that William was in school at 14 as ours could not write.

I also found another possible record which turned out not to be ours either in the  Scilly Isles. Our William is an illusive one lol. I have a bit on Richard Lang but not a lot.

Talk soon
Rob  :)

Offline jere

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 31 March 14 22:05 BST (UK) »
Hiya Bob.
Just had a look at my brother-in-laws file I have nothing on william jenkins only have him in the 1881 1891 1901 census when he was married i remember i drew a blank on him so left the jenkins side be until i could have some more proof . but if you notice the first child born in the 1881 census was called william R maybe after him and mary janes father richard the next son was called george R so maybe william jenkins dad was called george unless you have proof that he was called thomas? as thomas was the next son down to george. i shall have another try and finding him now i think.
  speak to you soon jere. :)

Offline Welshbob1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 17:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Jere

William's father was Thomas Jenkins according to Williams marriage certificate, I have tried looking for a census record for him in Cornwall but with no luck. Of course many skipped the census records by being on the move that day, I haven't filled one in since 1981! hahahhahahha.

If I find anything more out I will let you know, maybe you might have more luck than me.

Talk soon
Rob

Offline Spudserella93

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi, sorry to jump on this but with regards to the Lang side of things.. I'm researching my family tree right now and I've come along a Mary Lang born around 1864 her Brother Richard born 1864 and another brother Samuel. Her parents were Richard Lang 1831 and Betsey Lang (Chudley) 1832 and were married on 27/11/1861... It's a shot in the dark but perhaps this is the same Mary? I'm not sure what information you have your end so let me know, Thanks.
Sophie x