Author Topic: 1841 census look up  (Read 2985 times)

Offline bluemale38

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 census look up
« on: Friday 16 February 07 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help am looking for a Elspeth Hutchison (b 1817) daughter and david Hutchison (fisherman) father on the fife 1841 census they would have lived in either Ceres Fife or St Andrews.
Hinksman, Forrest, Lowe. Low,Coull, Stewert, Todd, Brown, Brand Hutchison, Little,Flynn, Gracie,Johnstone, Fairweather,Davidson,MurDoch,Trottor,Smith,Scobie,Rodger

Offline Fife Lass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census look up
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 February 07 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Have found a David Hutchison, fisherman, born about 1791 living at North Street St Andrews in the 1841 census. The other members of the household are given as David Hutchison (1816), Helen Hutchison (1826), Jean Hutchison(1826) and Helen Kirk (1838) on the Ancestry.co.uk site. No other details given. Was unable to find an Elspeth Hutchison. Could she have been married by 1841?

I hope you find your David Hutchison in St Andrews because the Ceres Census returns were lost in transit to Edinburgh.

Good Luck with your search
Bayne, Dempsey, MacKenzie, McKay, McKenzie, Smith, Timmons, Watson

Offline bluemale38

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census look up
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 February 07 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that may well indeed be the person am looking for, although this elspeth hutchison born about 1817 has been very hard to find her birthdate, i know she married my great great great grandfather a John Hinksman, did manage to find elspeth hutchisons marriage to him for 1841 in ceres or largo sep marrying a john hicksman, i have her death cert as being 74 years old dying in 1893 her father was down as a david hutcheon no mothers name, it did say on a census that she was a native of st andrews, but seems she got married to a John Hincksman in 1841 in either ceres or largo, thanks for the help am sure there must be some record somewhere for her .
Hinksman, Forrest, Lowe. Low,Coull, Stewert, Todd, Brown, Brand Hutchison, Little,Flynn, Gracie,Johnstone, Fairweather,Davidson,MurDoch,Trottor,Smith,Scobie,Rodger