Author Topic: oscar browning kings college camb  (Read 1089 times)

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
oscar browning kings college camb
« on: Friday 16 February 07 19:05 GMT (UK) »
im interested in finding a picture of oscar browning kings college cambridge early 1890s he was at kings same time as one of my relations charles vickery hawkins if i could find a picture of them together would be like wolves winning fa cup final can anyone help me ? raa

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: oscar browning kings college camb
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 February 07 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi raa  :)

Do you have access to the database of Cambridge alumni that's available on the Ancestry website?  If not I could post some info here for you about both these men.  Have to say, though, that the only Oscar Browning I found was a student about 40 years before your fellow, but I think he became some kind of teaching staff member later on.

Prue

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 16 February 07 21:31 GMT (UK) »
P.S.  The cover of the book in this link has a photo of Browning on it.  He was apparently a very well-loved master of History at Cambridge, and I think your rellie studied History by the looks of the alumni record.
http://business.blackwell.co.uk/jspBusiness/display_large_jacket.jsp?isbn=9780713040548

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 16 February 07 22:12 GMT (UK) »
yes he was a teacher when charls vicary hawkins was there. i think they became good friends. have recieved some information from kings college. but trying to trace the photos that were taken. many thanks,Raa :)