Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 2382 times)

Offline pat_john

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Need Help
« on: Sunday 18 February 07 20:44 GMT (UK) »
   ???         Looking for a husband of Elizabeth Woodhouse (do not know her maiden name) born: abt. 1819 Kilkenny, Irland. She is in 1851 census and up in  Yorkshire, England but can not find her before  that in the 1841 census. Her husband does not show up in any Census but in the 1861 census she is entered as being  a widow. She has about 5 children David, Elizabeth, James, Ellen & Julia are twins born: 1847.  Julia Woodhouse is my Great grand mother on my Mother's side. Maybe her father is in the army or something. I'ld greatly apprecate some help. Thanks pat_john.
FERGUSON (CANADA)   Ontario
 Moyse         "          "   & England
RHODES (LEEDS, YORKSHIRE ENGLAND)
CAIN (LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND)

Offline denben

• RootsChat Member
  • Can't stop until I know everything!
    • View Profile
Need Help
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 February 07 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps the best thing to do is get a copy of one of the twins' birth certificates.  This should then tell you the father's name and the mother's maiden name.
Researching BENNETTs of Worcester & COTTERELLs of Westbury-on-Trym.  JAMES of Cheltenham, Charlton Kings  & West Town, Shirehampton. FORDS of Chawleigh and Budleigh Salterton, Devon.

Offline pat_john

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 February 08 02:36 GMT (UK) »
:)  David Woodhouse born: abt 1811 from Hull, Yorkshire England & Elizabeth (maiden name: Duffy) Woodhouse born: abt. 1813 from: Kilkenny Ireland .... first child: daughter Elizabeth born: abt. 1837 in Kilkenny Ireland (Blind at birth from what we could tell). Now David & Elizabeth may have been married in Ireland before going back to either Hull or  Leeds, Yorkshire England. ( Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints Has a record of the marriage between the 2 but I could not find it myself .... someone else mentioned it but my computer crashed before I got the information written down). David Woodhouse died in the Hospital  ( Infirmary: Water Upon The Hull) at abt.age:44 around 1851. He was never mentioned in any of the Census except for 1851 in the Infirmary 1.. where he died.) & I figure he was there in the Infirmary or away locking for work. Gee I couldn't find a record for a marriage between their daughter: Julie Woodhouse & George Rhodes ..... either so who really knows ... maybe they were never marriage either......  SORRY But  I get so confused while trying to do research on my own..... specially when dates are off or names are not spelled properly.  and so on..... Brick Walls come down one brick at a time... but sooner or later they'll all be gone... Takes alot of patience & time....   Thanks Alot for your HELP.  I apperciate it.... Pat
FERGUSON (CANADA)   Ontario
 Moyse         "          "   & England
RHODES (LEEDS, YORKSHIRE ENGLAND)
CAIN (LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND)