Author Topic: ARMSTRONG - Fermanagh lookup  (Read 36373 times)

Offline Magi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ARMSTRONG - Fermanagh lookup
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 September 07 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Kelly,
My Hugh was born in Alness, in 1850, know he had a sister Jane and brothers Donald and David but who his parents were are still a mystery!.
Thanks for your reply.
Magi

Offline DesertFox72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 23 October 07 11:13 BST (UK) »
For Kelly,

I am a decendant of William Armstrong md Elizabeth Mosgrove and have its lineage through to myself and my cousins born 1970's.

Also have much of the Margaret Armstrong md Donald Fraser to great grand kids through Heybert , Nelson in Brisbane etc

Let me know id I can be of help or swap some info

Greg Armstrong

Offline DesertFox72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 October 07 11:54 BST (UK) »
Magi

I have much info that might me of help to you too , dates and names etc

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 23 October 07 12:29 BST (UK) »
I know the Armstrong surname was numerous in the area, but just on the off-chance, do any of you have a John Armstrong married to a Hannah Matthews, possibly around 1830/40's (They had at least one daughter, Elizabeth Jane born c1843)
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Gwyn-Morris

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 December 07 07:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kelly,

Just scrolling through some pages and I saw your posting, I have an Armstrong connection in my family, he was John Armstrong, born about 1803 in Fermanagh, Ireland, he married a lady named Susan (surname unknown) and they had a number of children, one being Fanny (Frances) born 1828 in Fermanagh, she moved to live in Scotland and married a Thomas McAuley, is there any connection with your Armstrongs?

Regards

Gwyn
Denbighshire and Flintshire: Morris, Clutton, Evans, Roberts, Bebbington.  Yorkshire. Coatsworth, Goddard, Maltby, Harness.

Offline gimmeatooheys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 21 December 07 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gwyn,

Do you know who the parents were of your John Armstrong.

Thanks

Kelly
Woodhurst (ENG - Aust), Robins (Corn - Aust), Everett (Dorset - Aust), Younger (Lanark - Aust), Shadbolt (Hert - Aust), Ashton (Som - Aust), Coward (Wilt - Aust), Tanswell (Leic - Aust), Lane (Dor - Aust), James (Pemb - Aust), Aylward/Elward (Glam - Aust), Done (Ches & Shrop - Aust), Pearce (London - Sydney), Fraser (Argyll - Aust), Smith (Moray - Aust), Ross (London - Aust)

Offline Gwyn-Morris

• I am sorry but my emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 22 December 07 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kelly

I'm afraid I dont know who his parents were, he married a lady named Susan and they had at least three children, Fanny (born 1828 in Fermanagh) William (born 1826) and Susan (born 1834)

Regards

Gwyn
Denbighshire and Flintshire: Morris, Clutton, Evans, Roberts, Bebbington.  Yorkshire. Coatsworth, Goddard, Maltby, Harness.

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 22 December 07 11:54 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately a fairly common surname in and around the Fermanagh/Monaghan border area, so not managed to glean anything further on my folks yet.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Soopy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 February 08 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
  I don't think I have any connection to the Armstrongs listed ...and I know from searching that there were "lots" of them in the areas mentioned.

My Armstrongs lived on Ennishmore/Inishmore Isle. They were in Drummee and Tully. My original William Amstrong was b 1764 in Dumfries Scotland. Went to Fermanagh Co and met Jane Montgomery b 1774 (Inishmore). They married and had 18 children (so I hear lol).

Some of these children immigrated to US. In my searching I tend to look for references back to Inishmore Area. There was also a son Montgomery Armstrong b 1812 who married Sarah Buchanan. They lived on Inishmore till 1856? when they moved to Tyrone County near Omagh. I believe many of their children immigrated to US, Canada, or Australia.

Just thought I would put this here in case anyone sees a connection.
Armstrong- Innishmore,Co Fermanagh;Omagh Co Tyrone; Dumfrieshire,
 Scotland; New York, US.
Jardine- Dumfrieshire,Scotland.
Buchanan- Omagh Co Tyrone; NY US.
Copeland- Lisbellaw &Enniskillen,Co Fermanagh;Co Monaghan; NY,US: Melborne, Austr.
Henderson- Lisbellaw, Kesh Hill, Co Fermanagh; Co Monaghan.
Montgomery- Innishmore, Co Fermanagh.
Edmonds-England; NY US.
Newland-England; NY US.
Kingsley- Troy & NYC, NY.
Moroney/Maroney-Galway,Ire;NY,US
Russell-Foxfort,Tipperary,Ire ;NY,US
Darcy-I