Author Topic: look up please RIGG  (Read 4599 times)

Offline kat2004

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Fred and Harry Miller 1932
    • View Profile
Re: look up please RIGG
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 March 07 19:05 GMT (UK) »
That is fantastic! Thank you so much! The Wilkinson surname makes sense because htere is a WIlkinson Rigg aged 12 on the 1901 census born to Isaac and Agnes. Im off to get copies of the originals now!
Thanyou, thankyou,thank you and thankyou!!!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Miller family -Staffordshire, Leicestishire Cumberland,Pennysylvania.Auckland.
Hill family- Northumberland,Durham, Cumberland.
Woodward- Staffordshire.
Roberts- Flintshire, Cumberland
Fisher Cumberland, Lancashire
Taylor Cumberland, Lancashire,Durham

Offline HRH58

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 31 October 22 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My name is Rachel Hughes. I know that my great grandfather John Rigg was born in the farmhouse at Harry Place (approx. mid 1800s). His father Andrew Thomson Rigg was the farm manager at the time. Andrews wife was Jane Rigg (Walker) and John's wife was Esther White. John Rigg emigrated to New Zealand and had a chocolate importing business with JD Whittaker who went on to start the famous (in NZ) Whittakers Chocolate company. John Riggs son Theodore bought a property in New Zealand which is still owned by my family (14 of us) and he named that property Harry Place after the Harry Place farm in Ambleside.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 31 October 22 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi HRH and welcome to RootsChat, the person who posted the query hasn't been on RootsChat for 15 years unfortunately, so you are unlikely to get a reply.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 01 November 22 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rachel,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

I am sorry but we lost contact with this member a few years ago and we are no longer able to notify them of new replys, however we do get old members regularly asking for us to update their old contact details. By leaving your message it is here if they return or we get another person also searching for this family line.

Good Luck !

Regards

Sarah ;)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk