Author Topic: Town Council fee for burial information  (Read 8164 times)

Offline CU

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Town Council fee for burial information
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 22 February 07 10:31 GMT (UK) »
Stockport cemetery are great. They sent me the information on the grave with a photo as well.
All for a SAE.  ;D I only gave one date of death because I did not know about the other people in the grave.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 22 February 07 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Do you have a link for this site please.

Migky  :)

Offline ''Jane''

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 22 February 07 14:02 GMT (UK) »
I can honestly say that I totally agree with that Suttoncrest. If you are living out of the area in which you are searching then charging a fee would be perfectly reasonable. But I have lived in the town all my life as did my ancestors before me, so I guess this is why I am against paying this ridiculously high fee. My parents were never offered any details on the baby's resting place, which wasn't their fault and I just feel this should not be a chargeable request.  :o

J
Howard - Easthampstead, Beadon, Claridge, Rowe - Middlesex, London, Harrington -Newington, Oldfield, Wilder, West, Sharp -  Cornwall, Easthampstead, Butler, Cottrell, Brown

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 22 February 07 15:06 GMT (UK) »
I take it from your mentioning of a church that the infant was buried in a churchyard which has now closed and is maintained by the council.

If that is the case then there should be copies of the various registers etc. at the diocese archive .
If you go there you should be able to search the register yourself and is the diocese archive is also the county record office the search will be free.

If however you wish the council to provide a research service for you then you must be prepared to pay for that service.
Please keep in mind the diocese archive may be in a different county than the church.
Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline Shipwright23

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 23 February 07 19:12 GMT (UK) »
I walk in to crem where burial records are kept and ask for a print out of the surname I`m researching for the whole grave yard .Doesnt cost me nowt but i leave them a couple of quid for their tea fund helps as its on computer now so i get them from when it was open upto 2002 and if I see one of mine I can look in the orginal books.
Shipwright
Vasey -Hutton Buscel,Whitby
Peart, Whitby Yorks
Leadley,Whitby Yorks
Lound -Rotherham S Yorks, little bytham Lincs
Crouch Rotherham S Yorks, Ramsey Huntingdonshire
Anderson Whitby Yorks
Lofthouse Great Horton Bradford. Grosmont N.yorks
Ripley Whitby, Fylingdales,Grosmont,Aisalby  Yorks