Author Topic: Help needed with the Jones family (updated) - Resolved  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with the Jones family (updated)
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 May 07 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi

No but if you email Nottinghamshire Archives they might look it up for free as you know all the details.

Principal Archivist
Nottinghamshire Archives and Southwell & Nottingham Diocesan Record Office
County House
Castle Meadow Road
Nottingham
NG2 1AG

tel: 0115 958 1634 archive enquiries
tel: 0115 950 4524 administrative enquiries
fax: 0115 941 3997
e-mail: archives@nottscc.gov.uk

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Barnford

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 August 07 14:19 BST (UK) »
Just to keep this topic up to date, Nottinghamshire archives have confirmed that it is not 'my' Blanche Jones who married Harry Else.

I have found another possible marriage between Janet L Jones and Bertie Kenyon Spurr, Nottingham 1919 (her middle name was Lawson). I suppose at some point I will have to bite the bullet and order 5 marriage certificates to try and confirm/disprove some of these connections. They should also give me an idea of the family's whereabouts in 1910-1920.

I have discovered some photographs my late father took on a return visit to Nottingham of the area around Citadel Street, Radford, while it was undergoing some major re-development. My guess is that is where the family re-located after my last sighting of them in the 1901 census in Landseer Street, Radford - no longer in existence but it followed on from Coleridge Street in the census and that street does still exist.
Lincs: Holton, Brewer, Keal, Blood, Pycock. Notts: Holton, Jones, Lawson, Bull, Brownley. Devon: Gayett(e), Hammond, Jewell, Lewarn, Squire. Cornwall: Giddy, Hoskyn, Lewarn(e), Rowe. Salop: Jones, Beddoes, Rowe. Leics: Rimmington. Surrey: Hammond, Luff, Mayhew.
Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Barnford

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 September 07 15:26 BST (UK) »
Barnford,

Another potential is:

Leonard Jones m Nellie M Costello 1915 Q4 Nottm

Sherwood

I have just found Leonard's WW1 records and he was single when conscripted in 1916 and living at 140 Radford Boulevard. He was a watch maker working for Samuel Edwards Allen, watch & clock maker, of 27 Heathcote Street, so I guess I can cross this one off the list.

Clive
Lincs: Holton, Brewer, Keal, Blood, Pycock. Notts: Holton, Jones, Lawson, Bull, Brownley. Devon: Gayett(e), Hammond, Jewell, Lewarn, Squire. Cornwall: Giddy, Hoskyn, Lewarn(e), Rowe. Salop: Jones, Beddoes, Rowe. Leics: Rimmington. Surrey: Hammond, Luff, Mayhew.

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 September 07 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Barnford

I have been away from Rootschat for quite a while. Give me 1 or 2 things you want to find out and I will try from the resources I have.

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Barnford

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 September 07 07:34 BST (UK) »
I am gradually piecing together facts about the Jones family after the last known sightings in the 1901 census. I have now found the father, Alfred John a tailor, living in 49 Radford Boulevard from a 1911 directory. Bertha, my grandmother, died in Rotherham in 1935. Leonard I have now located in 1916 but the other family members are proving more elusive.

Clive

Offline Barnford

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed with the Jones family (updated) - Resolved
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 03 November 07 15:23 GMT (UK) »
I think I have gone as far as I can on this query without crossing into forbidden 'living people' territory. I recently had a letter published in the Nottingham Evening Post and that has resulted in a few promising leads.

I have now marked the posting as resolved and I thank everyone for the help and advice.

Clive