Author Topic: Descendants of Robert Stephenson and Mabel Carr  (Read 43022 times)

Offline ColemanHayes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Descendants of Robert Stephenson and Mabel Carr
« Reply #36 on: Friday 04 February 11 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello.
I am intrested in finding out more of the history of my ancestors, and anyone with any history of Goergo Stephenson feel free to email me to talk about it.

Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ColemanHayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 04 February 11 18:34 GMT (UK) »
This is my family crest. My father has a ring with this crest, and it has been in our family for a very long time. If anyone would like to find out more or discuss this, please cantact me.

Offline vernpres

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 04 February 11 20:05 GMT (UK) »
This is my family crest. My father has a ring with this crest, and it has been in our family for a very long time. If anyone would like to find out more or discuss this, please cantact me.

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that these coats of arms and crests are passed down through the male line.  Hence only a STEPHENSON would be entitled to the crest.

Prescott, Stenson, Kirby, Bagshaw, Greenhalgh

Offline ColemanHayes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 04 February 11 23:33 GMT (UK) »

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that these coats of arms and crests are passed down through the male line.  Hence only a STEPHENSON would be entitled to the crest.

dont be confused by the hayes part. i am coleman hayes stephenson

Offline Paynt Brushes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 14 May 11 08:07 BST (UK) »
I believe I am a descendent of Robert and Mabel Carr.  My information is that Robert and Mabel had 6 children - James born 1779, George born 1781, Robert born 1785, Eleanor born 1784, John born 1789 and Anne born 1792.  I am descended from John who (according to my records) married Grace Henderson. They had 6 children - 3 of them are John, Hannah and Annie.  I am a descendent of John who married Esther Thompson. Their daughter was Annie and she married George Wootton and they are my great great grand parents. 

Lyn

Offline Patti G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 14 August 11 05:52 BST (UK) »
Our family also has this supposed connection to George, rocket fame however have been unable to establish link.  My Stephenson family lived in Duns Berwickshire from approx 1790 until 1918 which is the last known link I have been able to establish.  There is a connection to the Bertram family also. Please let me know if you think there is a connection.

Offline Paynt Brushes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 14 August 11 06:49 BST (UK) »
Sorry I dont have any info on James Stephenson.   The information I have I got from an elderly aunt who is no longer with us.  I have info on James sister Eleanor who married John Wingate - their descendants were John, Jane, Edith, Minnie, Ernest, Bert and Fernly. Happy Hunting

Lyn

Offline jeantee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 05 September 11 14:14 BST (UK) »
I would like to see the family tree of George Stephenson if possible as I am researching my family's supposed connection to it.
Paul said he had a pretty good tree of all the Stephenson family and this would be of great interest to me. How do i go about getting it please?

Jeantee

Offline Paynt Brushes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 05 September 11 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeantee
Sorry I cant help you - I dont have any info on George Stephenson's line.  Only that he was born in 1781 and his parents were Robert Stephenson and Mabel Carr.  I would also like to see Pauls family tree - not sure how to get his email address.   

Cheers
Paynt Brushes