Author Topic: Local help needed please - Aberdeen (Amended)  (Read 3336 times)

Offline may

• RootsChat Extra
  • Love to chat about genealogy
    • View Profile
Local help needed please - Aberdeen (Amended)
« on: Wednesday 24 November 04 21:42 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find any living relatives of Herbert Horatio King born 1898 in London but moved to Aberdeen in the mid 1900's.  I think his wife's name was Molly and they had a son called Dennis.

According to family knowledge he opened a patisserie in Queen St   in Aberdeen which was still in operation recently but cannot find any trace of it now.

Does anyone know of this place or of the family?  Would love to contact the last line of my father's family.  I have already found his other brother's families and been united with a half sister I have only recently known about.

Thanks to all

May
looking for Toon in NW Leics. Henson from Peterborough and Leicester, King in London.  Would be happy to chat to others with the same interest in genealogy

Offline mitchell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Local help needed please - Aberdeen (Amended)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 December 04 09:09 GMT (UK) »
May,

Queen Street in Aberdeen can be found in www.streetmap.co.uk. It is a small connecting street between King Street and Broad Street and is now home to Grampian Police headquarters.

Elaine
Mitchell, Turner, Henderson, Archibald, Smith, Walker, Burgess, Alexander, Margetts, Joss - Aberdeenshire
Proctor, Morrison, Henderson, Burgess, McWilliam, Green, Grant, Young, Dey, Allan - Banffshire
Proctor, Logie, Grant - Moray
McRae - Ross & Cromarty and Invernesshire
Clunie, Philp - Fife

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Grothenwell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Love Endures Delay
    • View Profile
Re: Local help needed please - Aberdeen (Amended)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi you could try contacting the "ANESFHS", or look for his death cert on "scotlandspeople.gov.uk"
Aberdeenshire; Brechin, Robb, Clark, Hardie, Johnston, Watt, Elmslie, Milne, Harper, Adam, Edmond, Laing, Gibson, Aedie, Jameson, Argo & Doverty.
Booth, Watson, Grothenwell, Ewen, Mackie, Simpson, Piper, Taylor, Davidson, Willox, Chalmers & Gordon
Still, Fraser, Robertson, Burnet & Lumsden
Banffshire; Cruickshank, Bennet, Broug, Allen, West & Lyal
Caithness; Sutherland
Herefordshire, Worcester, Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire; Wagstaff, Jones, Turner, Wiggett, Hannes