Author Topic: robert winter death ?  (Read 4531 times)

Offline angelbaby69nz

• RootsChat Member
  • 'What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger'
    • View Profile
Re: robert winter death ?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 00:45 BST (UK) »
Hi there

i couldnt log in for awhile, computer problems.  caught my imagination....just a thought, ann didnt die at childbirth did she? maybe robert died in the war....? have you checked the war deaths?

Tish

ps. i havent read this thread in awhile, so i realy should re cap beofre posting lol!

Offline loulabelle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 06:48 BST (UK) »
hi.
well ann probably did die after childbirth as her last child was bapt shortly after her death .  but it was 1837 and robert disappears before 1841 so not probable he was in a war.  he wouls probably have been in his late 30's by the 1840's if not a little older so probably too old to join navy or army then though will check the online navy records at PRO to see if they cover those dates.

must admit its driving me mad........ !   

Offline angelbaby69nz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 07:03 BST (UK) »
hmmmmm its quite facinating....

I wonder if he suffered a severe case of depresson and took his own life, seems such a short time after his wifes death....i mean they werent old or anything....here a thousand things that could of happened though....maybe he went missing, although having said that they would of legally declared him deceased after 7 years so i guess thats that theory out the window....

Prehaps he sailed to another country without his children to start another life...??

Gosh how frustrating for you.

I had this problem, but she was right under my nose, im stil not even sure how i managed to miss for 6 years

im sure he wl be around somewhere :)

Offline loulabelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 07:37 BST (UK) »
angelbaby
yes really frustrating.  its taken me years to get even this far.  Bristol was so huge even then its a real needle in a haystack job. 

beacause i cant find a death for him its possible that he moved and started a new life but even being vague about birthplace and just putting gloucestershire in cant find a suitable robert anywhere on following census. aaaahhhhhhh!

thanks for your interest- always good to swap ideas.  the navy records on PRO site only start at 1879 so that didnt work. :(

Offline angelbaby69nz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 11:23 BST (UK) »
no problem.

I wil check out another link i have as far as the Winters go, also i have acouple of reg customers at the restaurat that are the name winter....i will print this of and pop it in an envelope and give it to them when they drop in next and just say 'prehaps you could help? ' anways, i will be in touch and i will keep my yes open for ya!

hugs
TIsha

Offline angelbaby69nz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 11:46 BST (UK) »
you have me addicted LOL!

Offline angelbaby69nz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 12:02 BST (UK) »
i was just searching google..

there are various spelling of Winter, wynter winters....

Is it poss that his parents were under another spelling..? maybe buried under his birth name.

Eg my dads name is 'harry' but when he dies his death registry would be under Hinderikuss ( dutch for harry

Just a thought?  maybe try searching the records for the approx time frame  you think he might have died under a different spellng?

I have to say that the coat of arms for this family makes quite a good read.

:) like i said addicted! mahahahahahahah

Offline loulabelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 02 May 07 12:43 BST (UK) »
well ive always found this family spelt winter but know that other families sometimes spelt it as winder.     will give death reg a go as just robert and see what comes up.  you never know! .. i'll keep you posted. 

loulabelle