Author Topic: Chief Constable of Monmouthshire  (Read 5156 times)

Offline tabitha

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Chief Constable of Monmouthshire
« on: Thursday 25 November 04 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi does anyone have any info on Mr Nosanquet the Cheif Constable of Monmouthshire in the 1920/30's.

My great grandfather used to work for him at his "big" house in Govilon / LLanwenarth, Abergavenny.

Thanks
tabitha
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chief Constable of Monmouthshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 November 04 08:01 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear! I seem to do this all the time - people must be sick of me. It was not Nosanquet but Bosanquet. If you put Bosanquet Chief Constable into your browser you will turn up references to him, the judge in the family and the famous cricketer who invented the leg-break type of bowling. 8)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tabitha

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 November 04 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Hackstaple...thankyou!!  My typing gets worse as the evening gets longer  :-[

I did know it was Bosanquet honest!!!...I've also just noticed my late night version of chief!! Oh dear...I must go to bed earlier or else you'll all think I'm completely illit...er...er...can't read and write!!!  (Actually it's my keyboard not me...I reckon I got a duff one! ;D)

Thanks for your reply
tabitha
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 November 04 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Tabitha - I get quite dexlysic when I use a kobeyard. That is hwy I use teh handy spellchecker that Trystan [Bless him]. If I forget to then the message comes out like this. ;D
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tabitha

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 November 04 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Spellchecker????? I thought that was for amateur witches only ......... ;D

Offline MonFamilies

• I have turned off my Noifications
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 February 05 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Tabitha

Victor Bosanquet is probaly descended from the Bosanquets of Dingestow see family pedigree in Bradneys History of Monmouthshire hundred of Raglan page 59.

Also do a google search "Bosanquet chief constable" just found this.

Napier appears to have been very friendly with the Morgan family of Ruperra who were connected with the family of Lord Tredegar, and also with the family of Bosanquet, one of whom later became the Chief Constable of Monmouth.  It was suspected that his involvement here was a deciding factor in his appointment to Chief Constable of the new Glamorgan Constabulary.  A rival to the position pointed out that he was after all a total stranger to the county.

http://www.south-wales.police.uk/fe/master.asp?n1=8&n2=253&n3=329

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~familyalbum/kenny3.htm

mon families

Offline tabitha

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 10 February 05 00:33 GMT (UK) »
Thank you MonFamilies,

I'll toodle off and read those links!!

Cheers
tabitha