Author Topic: Robert, Rebecca, Margaret and Emily Scott from Donegal but lived in Philadelphia  (Read 1129 times)

Offline jnws

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I have traced the passenger list of SS Furnessia which sailed from Londonderry on 3rd October 1904 and reached New York on 18th October 1904.
Travelling  as second class passengers were ancestors of mine Robert Scott (aged 24) and his sister Rebecca Scott (aged 18). Robert's occupation was given as farmer ; Rebecca had no occupation. They were from Glencross in Co. Donegal

According to the manifest; they were travelling to Philadelphia - to join a cousin - James Doak of 1141, South Cleveland Avenue, Philadelphia.

I also have traced a record of a Robert's sisters Margaret Scott  and Emily Scott of Glencross  arriving on ss "The Arabic" in New York on 18th September 1910
They were  going to join their brother Mr. R Scott (Robert) of 2614 Mary Street north(?) Philadelphia.

Any information  on these members of the family welcome
Cleaver, Richards, Middleditch, Trannack

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Robert, Rebecca, Margaret and Emily Scott from Donegal but lived in Philadelphia
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 March 07 22:44 GMT (UK) »
igi parent search, BIRTH. ROBERT SCOTT. 28-12-1879. GLENCROSS, CO. DONEGAL, IRE.PARENTS. ALEXANDER SCOTT. & SARAH MALSEICK.  found this on family search, don't know how reliable this is.

kind regards mary.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline jnws

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert, Rebecca, Margaret and Emily Scott from Donegal but lived in Philadel
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Mary

Many thanks - yes that's the date of birth I have for Robert. Out of interest; his mother's maiden name was Malseed rather than Malseick as shown.

Thanks for taking the time to look

John
Cleaver, Richards, Middleditch, Trannack