Author Topic: 1901 Census Look up David Morgan  (Read 1040 times)

Offline naffi girl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1901 Census Look up David Morgan
« on: Tuesday 06 March 07 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Dear All at Roots Chat
                                  Please can you look up for me David Morgan and his wife Emily. The only thing I can tell you is they had nine children  XXXX was the eldest born about 1916  I think in Maes y Berllan  in Llanedi. XXXXl was born in 1917, then XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Regards
                             naafi girl :) :) :)

Moderator comment: names of living (or possibly living) people removed - see below
Cox Lincolnshire,
Gillison Lincolnshire
Banbridge Essex

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census Look up David Morgan
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 March 07 19:47 GMT (UK) »
if the eldest was born in 1916, it's unlikely the family would be on the 1901 census. Do you have birth certificates for any of the children or the parents' marriage certificate? We might be able to find parents' families given the fathers' names and occupations from the marriage certificate.
The only possible marriage for a David Morgan to an Emily in the area on FreeBmd is
David Morgan june qtr 1908 Llanelly vol 11a pg 1948 with Emily White on the same page. But an eight year gap between marriage and the first child, when they were several children, doesn't seem very likely. Coverage of marriages on FreeBmd isn't complete from 1911 - 1915 and just about non-existent from 1916 onwards, so marriage is quite likely within this period. Registration district should be Llanelly for Llanedy at that time. If you don't have certificate, you'll need to search the full GRO index which is free on Ancestry.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline naffi girl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Osprey
               I have been talking to the family and XXXX is still alive and was 90 years young last week. We are going to look out the birth certificate. His father David Morgan was a Blacksmith and used to shoe  the horses that went down the pits and he also owned a farm which is still in the family today. :D
His sister XXXX we live in Lincs so find it hard to find things out.
So going back to the marriage you have found it looks like it could be the right one . ;)
                Thank you for your hard work
                           Regards
                             naafi girl :) :) :)

Moderator comment: edited to remove details of living people - Rootschat does not permit posting of such details to prevent identity theft and other abuses.
Cox Lincolnshire,
Gillison Lincolnshire
Banbridge Essex

Offline Mogz2020

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 September 20 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hi this is my fathers house , maes yr berllan , Llanedi . I’m interested in your search on my family kind regards lee Morgan .