Author Topic: Caffrey records at St. Patrick's in Drumcor?  (Read 1959 times)

Offline jjcaffrey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Caffrey records at St. Patrick's in Drumcor?
« on: Tuesday 06 March 07 16:33 GMT (UK) »
My GrGrandfather was John Caffrey from Garrymore.  He was baptized at St. Michael's in Potahee in 1863.  He married Anne Sheridan (unknown from where, or where married).  I know that one of their children, my Great Uncle Charles had his birth recorded at the GRO, birth date of May 8, 1897 in Legaland.  On his WWII draft card he recorded his place of birth as Crossdoney.

I'm hoping that someone can lookup in the parish register in Drumcor to locate Charles.  If Charles can be found, then perhaps my grandfather Nicolas is in the same register. Nicolas was born December 4, 1895.  They also had a brother James born May 19, 1899.

My GrGrandfather was a baker, and apparently the family moved around. Their oldest sister Mary Kate was born Oct 15, 1892, we believe in Arvagh.  The youngest son, John was born Nov 29, 1901, we believe in Granard. In 1915, the family moved to Ballinamore.  And somewhere along the way, they changed the name to McCaffrey, I believe after they settled in Ballinamore.  (John and Anne are buried in Potahee as McCaffrey.)

For years I believed my Grandfather was from Garrymore, but I studied the register at St. Michael's in October without success, and then afterwards I found the GRO record for Charles. 

I appreciate any help that someone can provide.  Sorry if too much detail, but thought it might help.

John