Author Topic: 1871 Census Look-up MIDDX, please  (Read 887 times)

Offline Lyn S

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
1871 Census Look-up MIDDX, please
« on: Wednesday 03 March 04 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Someone has kindly provided me with some 1891 Census information that, possibly, refers to *my* George Frederick GREENE.

I am wondering if I someone else with access to the 1871 Census could help me by 'fleshing out' the information I now have.

I understand that, at the time of the 1861 Census, George was living at 61 Pancras Square, Middlesex.

He is shown as 'Married age 43 Artist (Print Colour) b MDX Pancras'. He appears to have been living with, among others, his Mother-in-Law on the night of the Census. His Wife's details do not appear in the entry.

George would, therefore, have been around 53 at the time of the 1871 Census and I am hoping that, if he can be found, the entry will also show his wife and family. That information would be invaluable!

I believe that Geroge died in 1892 - Qtr Jun 1892 Age 75 Pancras 1b 83.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

lsp

Offline celiasuud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:1871 Census Look-up MIDDX, please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 March 04 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyn ,sent this info' before but it didn't come up in the reply section ,so trying again. In the 1891 census,there is a Geo.Green age 72 living as a boarder of independent means at 23 Bayham Street ,St Pancras/Camden Town area.,with a family called Portch(I think that's what it is)
This seems to be the only person at all like the one your searching for,hope this is of any help.
regards celia
p.s.just seen your message  3rd March ,that you received some info' sending this anyway just in case its different.

Offline celiasuud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 March 04 11:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyn ,ther is a George F.Greene on the 1871 census living at :-
 24 Westbourne Park Road ,Paddington .
 George F    head  57  clerk in orders   Dublin
Anne M.F.M  wife   67                            Middx
plus 2 servants

There is  a George Green 52 born st.James who is residing in St Pancras Workhouse classed as a labourer.

There is also a George Green 26 living at 51 Camden Street ,a warehouseman, who lives with his wife Emily 26 and sons ,George Frederick 7 and Henry Edward  1

Regards Celia

Offline Lyn S

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 March 04 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Celia

Many thanks for all your messages - I don't think the 'clerk in orders born Dublin' is mine but there may well be a connection with the others!

I appreciate all the trouble you have gone to.

Best wishes

lsp