Author Topic: Massey's of Ipstones  (Read 9488 times)

Offline pdadme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Massey's of Ipstones
« Reply #18 on: Monday 20 February 23 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I see that this is quite an old post, but having only just found it, I wonder if anyone is still connected.
John Massey 1671, Norbury and Elizabeth Hawksworth, were my 6x grandparents. I wonder whether anyone here found definitive, or even possible baptism for John?
My Dad's great grandmother was Elizabeth Massey, born Turnditch, daur of John Massey 1795 (a Schoolmaster) and Mary Ford. I have found several DNA matches with descendants of the Ford branch, but not so many for the Masseys. I am always looking for more DNA matches and would be interested to know if anyone here has a DNA test online, especially at Ancestry..
I see that there are several Sance and Sense Masseys, and suspect this is a short version of Innocence, as an Innocence Massey married William Martin 1733 in Swarkestone.
I also have Bray and Bartholomews. I have been unable to find the 1771 will on FindmyPast, though I do have a will from Bartholomew Massey of the Lee in the parish of Norbury, dated 1720.
I would be most interested to see the 1771 will.

All the Best
Phil How
p.s. I just found the 1771 will  :)

My interest, though, is tying John Massey (b.1671 in Norbury, d.1740 Swarkestone) into the rest of the Massey family. Once that is done I can start going out sideways along the branches of the family. As it is I have a direct line back to John.

Hi
  This to Ango
 Have just seen your post I too have Masseys from Norbury many bearing the names of Bartholomew and Sance and Brey. in fact one of my husbands aunts was Margaret Sance Massey  born  Hilton House in Hilton in 1896 Sounds  like we have the same families. Val.

Offline Timinho

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Massey's of Ipstones
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 June 23 15:37 BST (UK) »
Hi there Phil,
Just seen your post and the only Sense I see who married a William Martin would have been John (1671-1741) 's daughter. One of the dead end's I have in my family tree is a John Massey, born 1738 in Norbury, who may indeed be the father of your GGGM. Which would make us some sort of cousins.
Tim