Author Topic: RISK Surname - Mainly Stirling, Dunbarton, Renfrew & Lanark.  (Read 52353 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RISK Surname - Mainly Stirling, Dunbarton, Renfrew & Lanark.
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 08 December 09 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi MerRhosyn - Do you have access to Anc***  as there are records for all these people  :) you have no records for.. if not, send me a PM and I will let you know what I have.  ;D

Regards patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline CastleRock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 13 January 10 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have some information on the Risk family from the Stirling/Dumbarton area. I am a descendant of James Risk and Ann Gardner who married in  Kilmaronock in 1765 They had a daughter Elisabeth Risk who Married William Wood in Kilmaronock in 1797. Elisabeth had a Brother William Risk who went on to be Provost of Dumbarton in 1845. Elisabeth's brother William also had a son James Blair Risk who also was Provost in 1854-57. Looking for ancestors of William Wood and James Risk and Ann Gardner. :)

Offline Coline

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 13 January 10 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Good to hear from someone on this line. I am particularly interested in the ancestors of James Risk and Ann Gardner of Kilmaronock. My direct link to the Risk family is via James Risk and Janet Harvie from Buchlyvie. I have been trying for years to find the connection for these 2 families as I feel certain there is one. I think James who married Ann Gardner may have been a son of Robert Risk and Agnes Patterson from Killearn, but then can't find records to prove it.
I do have a file on the desendants of James Risk and Ann Gardner and would be happy to share it with you if you wish. Maybe between us we can add more to this family.
Kind regards,
Coline.

Offline lmccowat

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 02 February 11 03:45 GMT (UK) »
I am new to rootsChat and I am unsure weather this will be relevent but I descend from Margaret Emma Risk born about 1842 she married James Knox in 1872 in Shoalhaven NSW Australia Margaret is my great great grandmother, she and her family arrived in australia in 1852 Aboard the vessell Irene, with her was her father Gibson Risk (b. 1816), Mother Jane Risk nee Thompson (b. 1820) her Brother Samuel Gibson Risk, 2 other siblings John aged 6 and Jane aged 1 died on the voyage.
I believe they may be from Domore Anterim Ireland though and Gibson Risks parents may have been Adam Risk and Margaret though these last facts are just heresay and I am trying to verify this information. I am not sure if this is any help to anyone researching the risk family hopefully it will.

Offline kyarbro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Looking for any info on Risk family, early 1800's
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 04:41 BST (UK) »
Im looking for any family info on the Risk family as well, I believe though, this family was from Somerset England, James Risk and Emulaine Buchaune, they had a son William H Risk that came to america, through Maine, he was bon 1837, married a Mary Ann Ellis and had several children one of them Genevieve Louise was my great grandmother. William H Risk work as a shoemaker.  I want to find where the family came from and more about the family. Genevieve married Edward Piper in 1895. He was born Marble but somewhere changed his name. still trying to find who took him in after his parents died early 1880.
Looking for any Info on James Risk, Emaline Buschan, had a son who came to U.S name William Risk, he married Mary Ellis. William was from Somerset England.  he was my ggreatgrandfather.

Offline Doun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Monday 05 September 11 05:58 BST (UK) »
Hi, don't visit here much, but the Risk name caught my attention, in my log pile I have an Andrew G Risk he was born in The state of Kentucky 22 September, 1810 and Died 2 December 1842, he married Susannah BUCHANAN 30 May 1831 at Ripley Indiana;; Children:-
[1] Hanna 10/4/1832
[2] John Wilson 28/10/1833
[3] Emily 23/4/1835
[4] James Madison 8/11/1837
[5] Amanda Jane 11/7/1842

Offline kyarbro

• RootsChat Extra
  • Looking for any info on Risk family, early 1800's
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 06 September 11 03:21 BST (UK) »
More then likely not from the same family, William was born 1837 in England, was made a nuteralized in1862 , my grandmother Genevieve was born 1877 in Mass. but thank you. my gggrandfather was a shoe maker in Maine.
Looking for any Info on James Risk, Emaline Buschan, had a son who came to U.S name William Risk, he married Mary Ellis. William was from Somerset England.  he was my ggreatgrandfather.

Offline frisky1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 09 February 12 23:36 GMT (UK) »
Coline. I am a complete tiro, this being my first ever visit to this site and almost my first attack on Geneology   -- BUT I was intrigued to see all the detail in a post by you on 1 sep '09!!!!

Amongst those mentioned is Ralph Risk born 1891, son of J A D Risk. This former was my father and I have, over the years, gathered a number of family records.

I am going to look over this thread of messages and see whether there are any gaps I can fill in relation to the 19th century. Certainly I have quite a bit of knowledge about those born in the 20th c. and will be happy to answer any questions. There are quite a few emigrants to Canada from the 1890's on but we in Scotland are doing our best to restore the indigenous population of Risks

This is just a quick attempt to find out
( i)  whether you are still interested and want any specific info, and
(ii)  whether there is any snippet which I can wheedle out of you!

Has this message reached you???!!!

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday 10 February 12 05:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Frisky1 - J.A.D. parents were William Risk and Elizabeth Hall.  Elizabeth was my g/Aunt x3 or 4 (can never work it out  :D she was born 09 Mar 1805 Clackmannan, married William 04 Jun 1836 (GRO465 0070 0397) Have further info on all their children..but I gues this makes us some sort of relatives..will be good to exchange notes.

Regards patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.