Author Topic: sampson family  (Read 1128 times)

Offline kack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
sampson family
« on: Sunday 11 March 07 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone looking for the sampson family from kelverton dont know much but name was John Sampson he was in tasmania australia by 1864 which is when one of his sons was born. He was married to Mary Ann Williams dont know if in England or Australia any help apprecitated

Kim
Bell   Bo'ness West Lothian
Stewart    Stonehouse Lanarkshire
McInness  Ayreshire
West Middlesex England
De lesPine later changed to LePine La Gorge Flanders then from Canterbury Kent England

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
Re: sampson family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 March 07 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Can you post some more details, such as an approx date of birth for John and Mary. Also any other info you may know of.

:)
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 March 07 11:07 GMT (UK) »
The onlu info i have is on a sons death cert here in australia and on a Gwgc casualty detail which is the following
Son William aaron sampson died at Lone Pine during ww1 he was a private in the AIF its says additional ifo Son of Aaron Michael and Sarah Sampson of Linda Valley Tasmania Aust Native of Kelverton.
and on the death cert here in aust of AAron Michael Sampson  his father was listed as Hohn Sampson and mother Mary Ann Williams Aaron died in 1946 and was 82yrs when died which means he was born approx 1864 in Richmons Tasmania which leads me to John being in England before that time dont know when or where he married Mary Ann Williams. Unfortunately getting Tasmanian info is not easy they dont have anything to look up on the web and their records dont seem to be complete so thats why i'm trying in England pre 1864. If you can help that would be great but if this isnt enough info i understand.

THanks
Kim
McInness  Ayreshire
West Middlesex England
De lesPine later changed to LePine La Gorge Flanders then from Canterbury Kent England

Offline kack

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 March 07 00:46 GMT (UK) »
What i have found out is John was born approx 1831 where dont know he married Mary Ann Williams in 1859 here in Australia. been looking for his death cert but cannot locate as yet, will keep trying if i find any moe info i will post.

thanks for your help

Kim
McInness  Ayreshire
West Middlesex England