Author Topic: McCutcheon of N. Ireland  (Read 3860 times)

Offline KHartley

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
McCutcheon of N. Ireland
« on: Monday 12 March 07 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any reference/connection to a John McCutcheon marrying a Mary McFarland. Not sure when they were married but possibly ended up in Tyrone County. My Great Grandfather, William McCutcheon, their son was supposedly born somewhere in Tyrone County between 1865-1872 (I have found 3 different birth dates for him but no registration has been found). There was also another son, Samuel but I have no information on him, not even an approximate age. William & Samuel supposedly emigrated to Canada about 1886 or 1887; Samuel headed “west” and disappeared. William returned to Tyrone County (where?) in 1894 and brought his mother to Canada on board the Sardinian out of Londonderrry in April of 1894 – passenger record holds no clue as to where they started from. Mary (McFarland) McCutcheon would die in Canada in 1899. We assume her husband John McCutcheon had died sometime before her departure to Canada. If anyone has ANY info or connection to this McCutcheon/McFarland family, I would appreciate hearing from you. THANKS

Moderator Comment:
If anybody can help, then please post here, to avoid duplication of efforts. Thanks :)

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,220197.0.html