Author Topic: PR's Denbigh?  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: PR's Denbigh?
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Had a look at Denbigh Baptisms Nov 5 1809 couldn't see any baptisms for that Day. Couldn't see anyone called Hughes Baptised in 1809. However Born 17 Oct. Baptised 30 Oct. 1807. Mary Hughes D/O Edward & Elizabeth(Morris) Fathers Occ, Hatter. She is the only Mary Hughes I could find Baptised around that time.
Siblings. Born 10 Dec. Baptised 14 Dec 1808. David. Mothers maiden name(Maurice)
Born 22 July. Baptised 30 July 1810. Lidia. M.M.N. (Morris)

Marriage. 21 May 1833. Lidia Hughes(X). Spinster. Married. Thomas Williams. Bachelor. Both of this Parish.
Witnesses. John Williams(X) & Margaret Davies(X)
(X)=Didn't sign made mark.

Do you think you can put the bike back in the shed Gadget?

Paul.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 14 March 07 16:27 GMT (UK) »
Well that looks a strong possibility, Paul  :)

I've put my two bikes away but I've got a bus ticket  ;)

On the 1851, Edward and Mary's children were:

Elizabeth, 20
Thomas, 17
Sarah, 13
David, 11
William, 8
Samuel, 6
Mary Hughes, 3

On the 1841, they had a daughter Catherine, 2 years younger than Elizabeth. Also with them on the 1841 was a David Roberts, 70-74, born Denbighshire.

No Edward  ??? ??? (not even after his father!)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 15 March 07 00:52 GMT (UK) »
Well Paul, what can I say? A million thanks.

I'll take the advice of you more experienced people  .... would you pencil in Edward and Elizabeth as parents of my Mary Hughes? Looks pretty good doesn't it?

So I expect that means that the IGI submitted christening of Mary Hughes in Denbigh in 1808 was a figment of someone's imagination - or wishful thinking?

I did a bit more poking around yesterday. The William aged 8 who Gadget found on the 1851 had a son Edward. The Samuel aged 6 in the 1851 had a son Edward. The son David aged 11, had a son with initials E.E.J and I'll bet one of those is Edward. So the name Edward does reappear.

I also think I have may have found Edward (transcribed Edmond) and Mary in the 1881 living with daughter Catherine (Jones) in Everton (Lancashire). This census indicates that Mary's birth would have been in 1807 which ties in nicely with the birth that Paul found. And Edward's birth is in 1808 which is what I found on the IGI.

It seems all the sons became shoemakers like their father.

So it's all very exciting.

Now Paul I promise that I won't ask you to see if you can find the marriage of Edward Hughes and Elizabeth Morris. Or maybe I will ... but another time ...

You've been a tremendous help Paul.

Thanks again!

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 15 March 07 17:36 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ruskie but as I said if you look through the Flintshire and Denbighshire Boards Gadget and wrj find people I just go to the archives and jot down the details.

Paul.