Author Topic: PR's Denbigh?  (Read 6106 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PR's Denbigh?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 March 07 13:20 GMT (UK) »
When you said Edward Ingham had been born in Portsmouth I assumed that you had seen the entry on the IGI of the Baptism of an Edward Ingham in Portsmouth in 1808.He was Baptised at St Thomas Portsmouth 21/08/1808.His Parents are given as Thomas and Elizabeth Ingham.The Batch Number which includes this entry is C062513.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 March 07 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Gadget. I did look on the IGI for Mary's birth, but didn't know where to start with so many Mary Hughes!

I did find what MAY be Edward's birth also on the IGI with parents Thomas Ingham and Elizabeth.

It's confirmation of the father's names and of course mother's maiden names, that I hope to find.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 March 07 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi William,
Yes, I did see that entry for Edward on the IGI. Hoping for confirmation on marriage entry that Thomas is his father.
I also found some christenings of children of a Thomas Ingham and an Elizabeth in Denbigh, hence my theory that the whole family moved to Denbigh.

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 March 07 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruskie.
Had a look at Denbigh Marriages for 1829 at that time they did not give Parents Names or Occupations.
17 April 1829.
Edward Ingham. Bachelor. Mary Hughes(X). Spinster.
Witnesess. John Jones. Mary Roberts. Edward Hughes and Robert Price.
(X)= did not sigh made mark.

Paul.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 12 March 07 23:47 GMT (UK) »
That's wonderful, many thanks Paul.

I don't suppose you have Denbigh births as well by any chance?

I've found the following on the IGI, would like to confirm the details and hope to find the mother's maiden name:

William Ingham
chr 27 May 1817 Denbigh
father Thomas
mother Elizabeth

Sarah Ingham
chr 5 Nov 1821 Denbigh
died 10 Nov 1821 (sad)
father Thomas
mother Elizabeth

I think that perhaps these two children are siblings of the Edward Ingham whose marriage you so kindly found. I have no idea if there were more siblings.

I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks a lot.

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 13 March 07 00:40 GMT (UK) »
I'll have a look at the baptisms. The thing is Ruskie, if you look through the Flintshire and Denbighshire messages It's Gadget and W.R who do all the detective work I'm just the nearest to the records office. (until Gadget get's a faster bike than me)

Paul.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 March 07 01:10 GMT (UK) »
I saw that Paul  :o

I think you're looking for a Mary Hughes circa 1808-1809. Possibly the John Hughes/Elizabeth Davies one but there are no sons that I can see called John  :-\

Mind you saying that, my lot didn't go in for naming after the fathers either - except my posh ones  :)

Gadget

PS - I've just noticed that approx 12% of the Denbighshire Board is me - not sure about the Denbighshire requests - no stats  :o

... and just over 9 % is William. So between the two of us that's 21% of the Board!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 13 March 07 04:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,
I have certainly noticed the amount of help given by Gadget and William on this board!
I'm sorry, I'm not expecting you to go to the records office on my behalf - I thought you had some other kind of access to records. If you happen to be there one day and happen to have some time to look for any of these people, then I would be very grateful, but please don't go specially!
Gadget, you are always a great help!
Edward and Mary didn't name any of their boys Edward that I know of either.

PS Gadget, I notice you are also looking for Hughes in Denbighshire ... do any of my Hughes ring a bell?

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 13 March 07 08:53 GMT (UK) »
I have got some outside help on this one!I have made contact on Genes Reunited with someone on Genes Reunited with some one who is also a descendant of Edward and Mary Ingham,like you though Ruskie they also don't know the Parents of Mary Hughes.If the Gas Engineers come this morning,I will be able to go this afternoon to the Clwyd FHS Resource Centre to see what I can find.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk