Author Topic: Monumental inscriptions Iver and High Wycombe Bucks  (Read 5263 times)

Offline Lincslass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Monumental inscriptions Iver and High Wycombe Bucks
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 April 07 15:18 BST (UK) »
Unsure what the difference is between the Genealogy Society and Family History Society but the FHS do share their info with the RO and I am not sure about the other group. I have no ancestors in Bucks but since I took early retirement, doing look ups keeps me on my toes. I usually go once a week. So don't mind having a look for you.

Jo

Offline Bucksgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 April 07 13:27 BST (UK) »
Just to clarify - the Bucks Family History Society have a hundred year closure on all their databases.  This is to ensure that no living person will appear, something to do with the data protection act.

Regards
Jenny
Dundas, Angus Scotland / Earp, Staffs / Langford, London / Kipling, Hull /  Peel, Cumber / Green & Common, Northumb / Raw, Yorks / Ball, Stevens, Folly, Morrice, Montague, Beeson, Peedle, Peddle & Tucker all Bucks

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 April 07 13:36 BST (UK) »
Unsure what the difference is between the Genealogy Society and Family History Society but the FHS do share their info with the RO and I am not sure about the other group. I have no ancestors in Bucks but since I took early retirement, doing look ups keeps me on my toes. I usually go once a week. So don't mind having a look for you.

Jo

There are two different conflicting societies in Buckinghamshire due to some political rangling over ten years ago about who was running what.  I don't think that they have sorted out their differences.

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lincslass

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 April 07 16:32 BST (UK) »
I have to say that though they are very helpful, they are not very PC oriented  ;D

Anyway, I could not find any MI's and the only information I could see was on the Iver burial were it says from Shredding Green ???

Sorry

Jo

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 17 April 07 19:18 BST (UK) »
When you say from Shredding Green do you mean that John Lewin was from Shredding Green, and if so where is that, as i have never heard of it before ?

Ian

Just an after thought looking on the map Datchet and Penn are only 13 miles apart.
you could be on to something !
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline Lincslass

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 April 07 19:31 BST (UK) »
According to Wikipedia, Shredding Green is a Hamlet of Iver. News to me but then I am not a Bucks girl really. Just live there now and close to the RO.

And yes the Iver burial for in 1841 was the one I was referring to.

So no news really.

Jo

Offline Lincslass

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 22 April 07 13:43 BST (UK) »
I am adding to this one about the Datchet John Lewin. If you check on the census he is there with a diferent wife. So not him.

Jo

Offline lovey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 03 September 07 22:55 BST (UK) »

Hi not sure what help i can be but St Peters Church is 10 min from where i live, i am new to all of this research but i could always take a look down there if you wish and you still need the information,

lovey
Godleman, Dawson, Bennett, Grant, Black, Guild, Hobday,Kelly

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 04 September 07 07:45 BST (UK) »
Hello Lovey
It would be very kind if of you if you could have a look for John Lewin, just to see what info is on his grave, and if it mentions his wife etc. so i can prove or disprove that this is my John Lewin.
That is if the grave is still there ? and readable!
with Kind regards
Ian
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford