Author Topic: McClelland family  (Read 5636 times)

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: McClelland family
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 11 January 23 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dale John.
Have you found any connection to my McCelland family?
As I said my family must have come from Scotland to Ireland but yet to find who did!
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline Dale john

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 11 January 23 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi not sure yet I've only name like James McClelland and Andrew McClelland and Alexander McClelland all from Ireland and James McClelland 1770 from county Tyrone

Offline CMcClelland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 06 July 23 14:53 BST (UK) »
Hey folks, hopefully some of you will see this. Any of you have any McClellands male relatives that could take a Y dna test? I've taken one and my family are from Newry county Down where i still live today. I've traced back to the early 1800s thanks to some people here but to get beyond that> YDNA will be the biggest clue.

essentially if you test a male Y heir and they match with me then you know for certain we are related.  I did have a YDNA match with the surname McLellan and ftdna predicts we shared a common ancestor in 1760 so im just missing one or two generations.