Author Topic: Langholm churchyard, look up.  (Read 5150 times)

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
Re: Langholm churchyard, look up.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 March 07 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Reiver -

Sorry my info didn't help, but I'll bear your details in mind, incase I come across other Robert Beattie's!

There are quite a lot of Beattie's up in Canonbie and Wauchope - they're probably all inter-married anyway! ::)
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline bougie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 18 March 07 20:56 GMT (UK) »
  Hi Reiver
  I got the dates for James mcvittie and Robert and Marion Mcvittie[Little]
 from the Mcvittie web page, which you so kindly directed me to.
  This page does have a few differences from info that i had gathered myself
 through Scotlands people etc, although it is definately my family and i had
 just got back to Robert and Marion on Alexander Mcvittie's baptism record.
 The dates differed very slightly from mine on a few members of my tree but
 thinking that they would probably be right and mine wrong, i discarded my
 dates.
  bougie
Bouglas, Hogg, Crozier,Selkirkshire.; Duff,Berwickshire. Hogarth,Berwickshire.; Short,Blythe,Moore and Sproat, Ettrick;  Offord,Gould,Essex; Mcvittie,Langholm.;Armstrong,Chambers, Cononbie.
Moore,Ewes Dumfriesshire;

Offline Reiver

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 March 07 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bougie and Stoney

Bougie
I know what you mean by differing dates from different sources.  For example. I've given you some  dates from a booklet.  That booklet was published - I believe- based on a survey and transcription
done some time ago.  I'm pretty sure that the info I gave was accurate but . . .  .  :)

I do know that the booklet had more detail - actual dates for example and not just years.  names of other individuals.  I THINK that there may be a map of the grave numbering in the orginal book published in the 1960s.   So before going to find the graves in may be worth locating this book - Lockerbie?, Annan? or Ewart Libraries?.   You may get to know more location detail from the Archive Centre in Langholm.

Stoney
With regard to your John Beattie who married Janet Holliday.  As this is not perhaps part of this topic, I'll send you a PM

Regards
Reiver

Offline Reiver

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 March 07 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bougie and Stoney
I've  just checked.   Unfortunately the Canonbie book of memorials (Shannon) does not have a grave map.

It may be worth trying the Langholm Archive Centre if you have a particular grave number in mind.  On the other hand another Rootschatter may give an even better option  :) :)

Regards
Reiver