Author Topic: Thomas Gray  (Read 42813 times)

Offline janeo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Gray
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 25 June 11 02:44 BST (UK) »
Smith, Wilson ,Elliot ,Ratchford Burnside ,

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 29 June 11 03:55 BST (UK) »
not been around recently due to family big issues pls contact private :) x

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 28 November 11 20:47 GMT (UK) »
Knocking this back up the list for a friend - hope you see this Jim :)

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 01 August 13 22:08 BST (UK) »
Just had a eureka moment...

Golias Gray was suposed to have been born cir 1840s Abbots Ripton - and probably went by the name Elias...

Well Elias Gray b.cir 1844 Abbots Ripton turns out to be married to Amelia Hearn/Heron d/o Edward/Eldenham Heron & Christiana Smith. Elias turns up on later census's with alias William Gray and Walter Hearn - but the family are identifiable by a search for daughter Mary Gray who consistently turns up born in 1869 at Halesowen Worc.

Elias & Amelia had:

Abigail 1866 Bordesley Warwks who married Ezra Herring aka Iza Heron

Mary b.1869 Halesowen Worc married Alfred Smith

Mizelli/Marcelli b.1871 Walsall married Billy King

George Napoleon (the census enumerators had fun with this one!) b.cir 1877 Bloxwich Staff c.1880 Cannock Staff, married Jane/Sally Smith

Matilda b.1878 Walsall Staff married Tom Winter and later Rabbi Smith.

What is interesting here, to me personally, is Elias Gray was reputedly a brother of twins Righteous and Cornelius who also married into the Heron family. But his was the one baptism I couldnt find. Now I can see why! Righteous and Cornelius were twin sons of of the Bethania Smith - William Gray - James Mobbs triangle, and this William was s/o Charles Gray & Aquila (Equally) Smith.
Nepolian was my great great grandad and I've only just found out today about the mobbs triangle I was really shocked ! But who was james mobbs ? I can't find anything about him before Amelia ? I think James and bethania also had a son Moses who in one  of the census uses the  name Moses mobbs but who were the mobbs family I don't think they were a gypsy family ? That's why they took her name well her previous married name or she had a son William Gray and she wanted all her children to have the same surname ? Maybe ?  :-\

Offline janeo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 02 August 13 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi, Napolean married my great aunt Sally Smith  ,her parents were John known as Jack smith and Annjane Deadman ,my great grandparents I have photos of Napolean and some of his family ..
Smith, Wilson ,Elliot ,Ratchford Burnside ,

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 02 August 13 22:54 BST (UK) »
Just had a eureka moment...

Golias Gray was suposed to have been born cir 1840s Abbots Ripton - and probably went by the name Elias...

Well Elias Gray b.cir 1844 Abbots Ripton turns out to be married to Amelia Hearn/Heron d/o Edward/Eldenham Heron & Christiana Smith. Elias turns up on later census's with alias William Gray and Walter Hearn - but the family are identifiable by a search for daughter Mary Gray who consistently turns up born in 1869 at Halesowen Worc.

Elias & Amelia had:

Abigail 1866 Bordesley Warwks who married Ezra Herring aka Iza Heron

Mary b.1869 Halesowen Worc married Alfred Smith

Mizelli/Marcelli b.1871 Walsall married Billy King

George Napoleon (the census enumerators had fun with this one!) b.cir 1877 Bloxwich Staff c.1880 Cannock Staff, married Jane/Sally Smith

Matilda b.1878 Walsall Staff married Tom Winter and later Rabbi Smith.

What is interesting here, to me personally, is Elias Gray was reputedly a brother of twins Righteous and Cornelius who also married into the Heron family. But his was the one baptism I couldnt find. Now I can see why! Righteous and Cornelius were twin sons of of the Bethania Smith - William Gray - James Mobbs triangle, and this William was s/o Charles Gray & Aquila (Equally) Smith.
this eliace Gray and Amelia hurn are my great great grandparents I don't know much about them but its definitely them there son Nepolian was my great grandad and my granny Amelia was born to his wife Sally smith I think he was married twice to a Jane smith aswell and yes righteous married sage hurn Amelia hurns sister daughter of Edmund hurn and Christiana smith  :)

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 02 August 13 22:56 BST (UK) »
Can anybody tell me more about the mobbs / Gray thing please as James Gray / mobbs seems to be my 3 x great grandad he married Bethany/ Britana smith

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 03 August 13 20:58 BST (UK) »
My great great grandmother was Amelia hurn Edmund hurns daughter her son Nepolian Gray was my great grandad I thought Amelia's husband was called eliace ? I can't find any birth for him only got him in the census but sometimes he's down as William ?  :)

Offline wallyg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 06 August 15 11:52 BST (UK) »
Could an65 please help with finding the link, gray,smith, lovell

Many thanlks

Wallyg