Author Topic: Looking for Scaifes in Tickhill  (Read 4586 times)

Offline AnnB

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Looking for Scaifes in Tickhill
« on: Thursday 04 March 04 14:36 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Everyone

I would be interested to find anyone who might have information about the SCAIFE family.  They lived in Tickhill, Yorkshire in the late 1800s.

My gg grandfather was Christopher and was born about 1830, his wife was Annie Winfrey.  There children were William born 1859, Mary J born 1861, James T born 1863, George H born 1865, Clara born 1870 and Winfrey born 1873.

I would have information to share regarding their decendents.

Here's hoping  

Regards
Ann  
Researching GLADWIN, HITCHCOX, HODGKINS and SCAIFE

Offline Paul Winfrey

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Looking for Scaifes in Tickhill
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 April 04 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann,
I don't have any information on the Scaife family but do you have any ancestory on Annie Winfrey?. Although the Winfrey/Whinfrey line do not appear to be mine I like to check all families with the name as there only seem to be two main lines in England both based in Lincolnshire, Mine from the mid/northern end and a line centered around the Peterborough area. Even people as far away as Cornwall are Lincolnshire Winfreys (and others abroard).
Because of the nearness of all Winfreys in the past I do believe that all English winfreys must be related. although still to be proved.
The Tickhill family apear to have came from Springthorpe via Laughton En Le Morthen (John Winfrey aged 70 in 1881 census) I will study what I have and if you will let me know what you have I will be happy to share.
Happy hunting in the past.
Paul Winfrey
Pwin130671@aol.com