Author Topic: Lawlors of Hacketstown.  (Read 12379 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Lawlors of Hacketstown.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 08:14 BST (UK) »
It was very good to see that I can search in the National Library of Ireland.
All I need to know now,is:-1. Are there any charges to search?  2. Is there a time limit on searches? 3. Are searches online or in books? 4. Where is the Library?!

1. no charges
2. no time limit other than opening hours, and availability of the film you require (could already be in use by someone else)
3. the records are on microfilm
4. Kildare Street, Dublin

Just to note that these films are RC Parish records only. It's best to work out which parishes you need before you go so you can have the film references prepared. These will look something like 'Pos. 2507', and are included on the RC parish maps on the Irish Times/John Grenham website - see : RC Parishes

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline elaine curran

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 10:51 BST (UK) »
Thnx..was only after I wrote everything out,I saw the posting was 2007!
On familysearch.org ,as well as the vol no. and page no. there is a film no. is this what I need,or is that just the no. for church of the latter day saints records?

Is Kildare St. in walking distance of Connolly St Station,or ,if not,how do we get there?

My husband and I both have walking difficulties,and find steps difficult...is the Library easily accessible?

Elaine

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 10:58 BST (UK) »
Thnx..was only after I wrote everything out,I saw the posting was 2007!
On familysearch.org ,as well as the vol no. and page no. there is a film no. is this what I need,or is that just the no. for church of the latter day saints records?

Is Kildare St. in walking distance of Connolly St Station,or ,if not,how do we get there?

My husband and I both have walking difficulties,and find steps difficult...is the Library easily accessible?

Elaine

The film references are for FamilySearch/LDS records, and as far as I know the ones on the BMD Index entries relate to the films of the Index books - so just the same information as the online index, or the Index books in the research room.

The NLI is on the opposite side of the city and close to Stephen's Green - about 1.7 km or a little over a mile from Connolly Station. see :

Amien St. to Kildare St  (Google map)

Unfortunately a few steps up to the research room where the RC films are located - I dont know if there's a lift... haven't seen one

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 11:01 BST (UK) »
there's a lift - see :

http://www.nli.ie/en/access-facilities.aspx

S.
My Surname Interests

Offline elaine curran

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 October 12 11:02 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Shane..will go to link now.
Elaine

Offline christmack

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Lawlor/Hennessy family
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 30 October 12 22:09 GMT (UK) »

Dear Bridget x

I noticed that you have links to both Lawlors and Hennessys in Dublin that were Shoemakers and I was wondering if you cold be linked to our family.

This is a brief outline of our lot :

William LAWLOR married Eliza(beth) HENNESSY in Limerick in 1862 after which they came to Australia in 1865.

William LAWLOR's parents were John LAWLOR, a Shoemaker, and Eliza ??
The parents of Eliza HENNESSEY were John HENNESSY and Margaret GINNANE
Eliza HENNESSY had 3 brothers, Thomas, George and Robert.
Robert and his family did finally settle in Dublin, he was the Chief prison Warder at the Mountjoy Prison.

In Limerick, Ireland William and Elizabeth had 2 daughters, Mary born C1863 and Margaret Eliza b. March 1865 just before their long journey here. Margaret died before reaching Australia. This was a story passed down through the family but I cannot find any record of Margaret's death.
I am assuming she did die as a second Margaret Eliza was born to William and Eliza (the next daughter that they had).

Thank you,
Christmack

ATTRILL    (Isle of Wight)
BULL        (I of W)
COLLINGWOOD (Lincs, Eng)
ERHAR(D)T (Baden,Germany)
HAIDLE     (Wurt, Germany)
HENNESEY (Limerick}
HORWOOD (Isle of Wight)
JUDD        (I of W)
KREUTZMANN(Lubeck-West & Gustrow-East Germany)
LAWLOR (Lim, Ire)
LENEY     (Sussex,Eng)
MACKAY  (Suth, Scot)
MCKEON (Ros, Ire)
NEWIN    (I of W)
NICHOLSON (Ross, Scot)
O'BRIEN (Tipp, Ire)
PAXFORD (Oxford,  Eng)
ROWDEN (M/sex,Eng
SMITH (Hants)
TURNER (Surrey & M/sex, Eng)D
WULFRATH (Gustrow - East Germany)