Author Topic: Fitzpatricks of Mullinahone  (Read 2429 times)

Offline jud72

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fitzpatricks of Mullinahone
« on: Sunday 18 March 07 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for information on the family of John Fitzpatrick of Mullinahone who married Ellen O'Brien around 1805 and had at least 3 children - Bryan, Patrick and Catherine.

Bryan may have moved to the nearby parish of Killenaule.
In 1845, Patrick posted an ad in an American newspaper trying to trace his sister Catherine who had gone to Quebec in 1832, before later moving to Pennsylvania where she married Peter McCluskey in 1834.
Patrick also posted an ad looking for his three uncles David, Dennis and Michael O'Brien who had gone to New York in 1835, and may have later moved to New Virginia, IL.

I'm not sure where in the parish of Mullinahone they were from, but I do know that there were Fitzpatricks in Kilvemnon and Jamestown, Modeshil at the time of the Griffith Valuation.
Would love to hear from anyone who knows anything about any Fitzpatrick family in Mullinahone, or about the O'Briens and McCluskeys mentioned above.

Thanks
Jud

Offline bethsinead

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzpatricks of Mullinahone
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 November 08 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jud,

I'm from the parish of Mullinahone, and I know that there are few Fitzpatricks, and O'Brien families living in the locality.  Not sure about the McCluskey family.

The person you should contact would be Fr. John McGrath as he would look up in the church records and maybe find any families still living in the area that might be connected to you

Fr. John McGrath, PP
Clonagoose,
Mullinahone,
Thurles,
Co. Tipperary
052 53152

Hope this is of some help to you
Regards
Sinead