Author Topic: CHAPPLES of Devon  (Read 26347 times)

Offline Chapple6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CHAPPLES of Devon
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 01 September 11 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, I've just been sent this link to the topic by a friend, since I am descended from the Chapples of Bishops Nympton and was there a couple of days ago looking for gravestones.  It is the line mentioned by Glen Westaway that is the same as mine.  Can you contact me Glen?

Offline Chapple6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 04 September 11 11:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Glen, Thanks for your message of 4.9.11 - I could read it but was not allowed to reply for some reason!!!  So I am returning to the main board to reply.  Thanks, yes, we are related and your Robert Chapple of 1704, and his son John of 1739 are the same ancestors I have.  Then we descend from two brothers, sons of John 1739.  I have a full tree of about 7 and a half thousand on Genes Reunited, if you are on there, so could open it to you.  My name is Angela Blaen and you can find me on google and email me too if that is easier.

Offline sustev

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 03 February 13 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I have Sarah Chapple baptised 1794 at Bishops Nympton who married Edward Buckingham at West Buckland in 1818. Sarah was the daughter of George Chapple and Joan Beer who married in West Buckland in 1792 and she was their only child baptised in Bishops Nympton - I'm guessing she was their first and their other children were baptised in West Buckland.

I'm trying to find George's parents - he was described as a sojourner at his marriage, a taylor, so I'm wondering if he actually came from Bishops Nympton. My problem is there seem to be 3 Georges baptised there around the right time, one in 1776, son of John and Mary, another in 1775, son of William and Meldrid and both probably too late, and a possible one in 1769, son of William and Elizabeth, details of which I don't have.

Can anyone help me with Chapple baptisms in West Buckland that might point to which George is mine or is the answer in Bishops Nympton?

Offline Chapple6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 03 February 13 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

The George Chapple, son of John and Mary, b Bishop's Nympton is my great x 3 uncle.  I have no details of him after his birth, so there is a slight possibility he is the same one who has the daughter Sarah.  Certainly I've nothing to suggest he isn't her father.

Offline sustev

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 04 February 13 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your input Angela. This is not an easy one is it?

Offline Chapple6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 04 February 13 11:25 GMT (UK) »
In my experience, not many aspects of family history are as straightforward as we would like!

Offline RoserAncestors

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 15 November 14 08:40 GMT (UK) »
I am doing some family history research for a friend of mine who is descended, I think, from a John Chapple who married a Catharine Burgess on 13 Mar 1796 in North Molton (through their son John baptised in Bishop's Nympton on 11 Jan 1801). The marriage record for John & Catharine says John was from Bishop's Nympton. The trouble is that there are a number of John Chapples baptised in Bishop's Nympton around the same time and I can't determine which is my friend's.

Does anyone have this John Chapple in their tree and have they worked out which baptism is his? Many thanks if anyone can help.

Offline Chapple6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 15 November 14 10:36 GMT (UK) »
I'm descended from this John Chapple and have done years of work on the line.  If your friend would like to contact me, that would be great.

Offline RoserAncestors

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 16 November 14 03:02 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much Chapples6, I'll send you a PM.