Author Topic: COTTAM of Blackburn 1924-31 Merit Certificates  (Read 974 times)

Offline Cas-A

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
COTTAM of Blackburn 1924-31 Merit Certificates
« on: Monday 19 March 07 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lancashire researchers,

Some certificates have been found for a Fred COTTAM of Blackburn, who apparently must have been a pupil at St Thomas School in the 1920s.

Briefly - these include Blackburn Schools Swimming Association Certificates of Merit dated between 1924 & 1927.
1926 Certificate of Merit Band of Hope & Temperance Union. For excellence in an essay on "Alcohol and the Human Body"
1927 The Royal Life Saving Society Elementary Certificate Awarded to Fred Cottam - Blackburn Sch.S.A St. Thomas Boys' School.
1930 and 1931 Plumbing Certificates (Municipal Technical College, Blackburn)

And Boy Scouts Certificate.
No date nor a note of which Scouts Troup - but judging from info on the other certificates - its probably around 1925 & possibly St Thomas Scouts, Blackburn.

I've uploaded scanned images of the Certificates at my website.  If anyone is interested in seeing these - or anyone researching COTTAM of Blackburn area & you think Fred might have been one of your relatives - please contact me & I'll direct you to the uploaded images.

Would be happy to give these certificates to the rightful owner (relative or descendant??)if I can find them.

Carole  ;)
Shackleton - of Harewood, West Riding Yorkshire, & Burnley, East Lancs;
Smith - of Burnley & Blackburn;  Whittaker - of Blackburn;
Gardner - of Kirkham;  Hughes - of Liverpool & Fleetwood;
Topping - of Preston, Lancaster & Blackburn; Downes - of Bridgnorth, Shropshire; Wheeldon - of Derby.