Author Topic: Parish records PRICE in Wrexham  (Read 1502 times)

Offline kelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Parish records PRICE in Wrexham
« on: Tuesday 20 March 07 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm hoping for some advice as to how I confirm (or otherwise) some information that I have found on the IGI which may relate to my 3 x great grandmother Sarah PRICE. 

What I definitely know about her so far is that :-

1) she was born in Wrexham between 1803 and 1806 (source is from  census entries for 1841-1861 in Liverpool).

2) Sarah married Samuel HEWITT in Liverpool in 1831

The IGI has an entry that reads "Birth -Sarah PRICE on 8th May 1803 Wrexham ,, England(!!!?), Spouse Samuel HEWIT.  This entry is from film no. 170517 and is an LDS member submitted entry.

There is also a corresponding entry (also member submitted) on the IGI for a birth on 8th May 1803 with parents listed as Edward PRICE and Ann Savage PRICE.  Film no. 170499.

My question is how likely is it that I have found Sarah's dob and her parents?  Are there any other records I can check to verify the information on the IGI?

(Interestly, on the 1841 Liverpool census there is an Edward PRICE (born out of country)aged 75, living next door to Sarah and her husband Samuel HEWITT).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Dorothy
BRUCE; MATHER; MCKILLOP;BALMAIN;ALYSON (Perth,Scotland);BLAIR:SCOTT;FLEMING,PATERSON; SEMPLE (Midlothian, Scotland)
CRANE; PLEAVIN; SUMNER;DUTTON Cheshire; HEWITT (Cheshire & Liverpool);
FLAHERTY;HEGARTY; KELLY; LAPPIN; MCDONALD SAVAGE; REYNOLDS (Ireland & Liverpool);
MCVEY; MELLOR in Liverpool PRICE(Denbighshire & Liverpool);
BOLITHO;CHAMPERNOWNE;GODOLPHIN;HODGE;TREBILCOCK;TREVILER;WEBB;    TREWARTHA:UREN (Cornwall)

Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parish records PRICE in Wrexham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 March 07 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dorothy

The only other records would be the Parish Records. I think that local LDS centres would be able to get the film for you of the Bishops Transcripts (the St Asaph diocese wouldn't allow filming of the parish records).

Clwyd Family History Society have also produced published transcriptions of the parish records http://www.clwydfhs.org.uk/registers/index.html

It could be that her parents were not Established Church which might mean that there are no records  :(

Paul, our resident 'man on a bike',  might be able to have a detailed look  :)

Where did it say that the people you mentioned were born on the census?

Regards

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline kelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 March 07 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for that information, Gadget.  :)

On both the 1851 and 1861 census, Sarah PRICE gives her place of birth as Wrexham, Denbighshire and her husband, Samuel gives his as PrestonBrook, Cheshire.

The Edward PRICE living next door to Sarah and husband on the 1841 in Liverpool is just listed as 'not born in county'

Best wishes
Dorothy
BRUCE; MATHER; MCKILLOP;BALMAIN;ALYSON (Perth,Scotland);BLAIR:SCOTT;FLEMING,PATERSON; SEMPLE (Midlothian, Scotland)
FLAHERTY;HEGARTY; KELLY; LAPPIN; MCDONALD SAVAGE; REYNOLDS (Ireland & Liverpool);
BOLITHO;CHAMPERNOWNE;GODOLPHIN;HODGE;TREBILCOCK;TREVILER;WEBB;    TREWARTHA:UREN (Cornwall)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 March 07 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dorothy. Hello Gadget.
As soon as the bike is back on the road I'll go and see if I can find anything of Sarah and her Parents.
I think Ive got a slow puncture and with any luck the bike should be fixed by tomorrow.

Paul.

Offline kelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 March 07 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Paul, that's brilliant.  Thank you very much indeed  :)

Dorothy

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 March 07 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dorothy,
I had a look at Wrexham parish records and there is a Sarah Price born May 8. baptised May 22 1803. D/O Edward & Anne Price. Fathers, Occ Labourer. abode Bersham.
Also same Parents, Occ and abode.
Born, Feb 14. baptised March 7 1805. Thomas.

You said Sarah was born in Wrexham between 1803 & 1806.
I did also found three other Sarah Prices around that time.
Born Jan 1. baptised Jan 22 1806. Sarah. D/O Edward & Elizabeth. Grocer.
Born May 3. baptised May 28 1807. Sarah. D/O Isaac & Frances. Miller.
Born June 8. baptised July 10 1808. Sarah. Sarah D/O John & Ann. Millwright.

Paul.

Offline kelly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 March 07 05:25 GMT (UK) »
Paul

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to look for the birth entries for Sarah - you're an absolute star  :) - gives me something further to follow up on.

Much appreciated

Dorothy