Author Topic: William and Mary Ann Hands née Gray  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Paz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
William and Mary Ann Hands née Gray
« on: Saturday 27 November 04 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
Grateful for info from 1861 or 71 census re my above ggrandparents.  Their son, Henry, my grandfather, was born in 1865 but it is possible that there was an older son, William, born 1859.
Many thanks
Paz
Researching:  Hands in Sussex, Surrey and Durham; Gill in Liverpool. Wallasey and Burscough; Forshaw in Burscough and Lathom, Lancs., Matthias in London; Bray in Yorkshire and Lancashire; Charnick in London; Cliff in Yorkshire, Perren, Kempf

Offline Helen K

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: William and Mary Ann Hands née Gray
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paz

We really need to know where - Co Durham is massive!

Regards

Helen K
Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright of the National Archives

Offline Paz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Helen,

My grandfather was born in Fallstead but at other times Gateshead is mentioned.  I hope this helps.
Regards
Pam
Researching:  Hands in Sussex, Surrey and Durham; Gill in Liverpool. Wallasey and Burscough; Forshaw in Burscough and Lathom, Lancs., Matthias in London; Bray in Yorkshire and Lancashire; Charnick in London; Cliff in Yorkshire, Perren, Kempf

Offline Helen K

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 December 04 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paz

There is no Street or Surname index for the 1861 or 1871 Census, so it has to be searched page by page. Sorry, but Gateshead is such a big area it's just not possible.

I can't find Fallstead - do you know where exactly it was?

It would be helpful if you had your Grandfather's birth certificate as a starting point and where did your Great Grandparents marry and when?

I'm sorry but your request can't be fulfilled without more specific details to work with.

Regards

Helen K

Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright of the National Archives