Author Topic: Cadwgan Fychan ap Cadwgan/Deulwyn/Bushe/Strange  (Read 14327 times)

Offline nwquinn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cadwgan Fychan ap Cadwgan/Deulwyn/Bushe/Strange
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 April 10 16:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Robin
I am descended from John Bushe of Dylton, so we have the same common ancestors of Strange, Farnfold (Fernefolde), etc. I have followed up on the links in the thread and also on the Celtic Royal Genealogy site http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=PED&db=aet-t&id=I89953 but I am struggling to see where Cicely, daughter of Thomas Ryde fits in. What is the link between our Thomas and the Rede (Reads) listed here?
Many thanks, Nevil

Offline king william

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 14 April 10 04:21 BST (UK) »
Nevil,
Nice to hear from you - I will send you a personal message and get y ou to send me your email address and I will forward you the documents as I have them.
On my line there are five of us doing it, and one of them - he is a very educated American who has gone right into the Rede line, has a huge amount of information which has taken him a few years to suss out the line which I will forward to you when I receive your email address offline.
I will now email you offline
Robin
Wiltshire, Somerset, Gloucestershire - Busshe/Bushe/Bush, Le Strange/Strange, Whittington, Gunning, Browning, Maltravers
Shropshire - le Strange
Wales - Daylwyn or Deulwyn, Rede, Wirriott,
East Sussex - Catt, Ashdown, Barham, Henley, Hepden, Elliott, Phillips
London - Bush, King, Millis, Jarvis, Mellis(s)
Suffolk - Sewell, Baxter, Martin
Norfolk  - Sewell, Larter, Howlett
Tasmania, Australia - Bossward, Wellman
Worcestershire - Beach
Wales, Bristol, Bermondsey - Maurice, Cromwell, Riley

Offline canoelover

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 November 10 00:01 GMT (UK) »
I have a lot of history from Duyland Bushe to the present day, but would love to trace 1...any maternal lines of my line from Cadwgan Fawr through to Duyland Bushe, 2...Gaby who married Duyland Bushe, 3... any knowledge of Miss Strange.
It is a tall order but someone may just have the information I would love to know.

I'm looking too...my 17th great grandfather is Duyland Bush(e).

Offline king william

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 28 November 10 05:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Canoelover,
I am interested that you mention Gaby which means that you must also have the ancestral chart done by Burke. It is the only place I have seen a mention of the mysterious Gaby and no-one I know has ever found out who she was.
My line is from Duyland to his son William and Miss Strange, they had at least five children - John, my ancestor, Edward, Paul, first Bishop of Bristol, Margery and Margaret.
Miss Strange is a mystery although we know she was "a co-heiress of Glooucestershire" and probably lived in Mounds Court in Syston, Glos. Her father may well have been John Strange and she was possibly a granddaughter or great-granddaughter of a John Strange, born in 1400 and who was Mayor of Cirencester, although it is said that there were no mayors of Cirencester back then so he may have been some leader, something to do with "the staple"
1..John married Elizabeth Ffernefolde and their son
2..William Bushe married Johan Packer.
3..Their son John married Agnes Kitley in 1577 and John, one of their sons who was born in 1594 went to Ireland and married Mary Grey.
Elizabeth, a daughter of that John and Mary married a Mr Hobson and they are ancestors of the Queen Mother and therefore of the Queen and her children and grandchildren.
I am in contact with several people also of this same line and one of them lives the USA and he has been to the College of Arms and the universities to check out all sorts of links to our family. HIs research has been thorough, he has also done a huge study on Cicely Rede (or Ryd) who married Duyland.
We do know that the coat-of-arms that Miss Strange brought to her marriage shows she was from the le Strange line of Knockyn - google that and you will see heaps.
Going back to before Duyland, the name was Deulwyn or Daylwyn, and as far as I know the line is as below,
Duyland Bushe married Cicely Rede, a daughter of Thomas Rede,
David Daylwyn or Deulwyn/Daulwyn of Kidwelly,
John of Carmarthen
Gruffydd ap Maredydd
Maredydd ap Gruffydd,
Gruffydd ap Cadwgan, his three known children were Maredydd, Elen, and Ieuan,
Cadwgan ap Fychan ap Cadwgan of Kidwelly,
Cadwgan Fawr ap Cadwgan who married Alice Cydifor, have you checked out her very royal line of Welsh kings.
Another very notable man who is a direct ancestor of ours was Ieuan Deulwyn and he may have been a brother of Duyland - he was a bard of Glamorgan and there is still writing of his in the Welsh universities.
Keep in touch and email me privately if you wish.
Robin aka King William

Wiltshire, Somerset, Gloucestershire - Busshe/Bushe/Bush, Le Strange/Strange, Whittington, Gunning, Browning, Maltravers
Shropshire - le Strange
Wales - Daylwyn or Deulwyn, Rede, Wirriott,
East Sussex - Catt, Ashdown, Barham, Henley, Hepden, Elliott, Phillips
London - Bush, King, Millis, Jarvis, Mellis(s)
Suffolk - Sewell, Baxter, Martin
Norfolk  - Sewell, Larter, Howlett
Tasmania, Australia - Bossward, Wellman
Worcestershire - Beach
Wales, Bristol, Bermondsey - Maurice, Cromwell, Riley

Offline Bushman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 December 12 22:35 GMT (UK) »
I am new to this thread but am wondering if anyone can find a link from Duyland Busshe to
James Bush, baptised 10 September 1787 at All Saints, Bristol.

http://www.one-name.org/profiles/bush.html
Researching Bush and Craigen