Author Topic: Tracing the STORYs ???  (Read 1834 times)

Offline jeenie

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Tracing the STORYs ???
« on: Thursday 22 March 07 04:58 GMT (UK) »
According to Family History William (George) STORY came from Carlisle and in 1848 married Caroline KITTO in South Australia.  He remarried 8 Mar 1878 and died 13 Aug 1891.  His age on each occasion is recorded as 56 and 75 respectively (although perhaps the latter is the more correct [?]).  Also his father's name was recorded as John;  and that is all the information we have to go on.  :-[ :( :'(

Anything you can supply about either (or their family ???) will be greatly appreciated.

Jeenie   :) :) :)
Harvie -  Dunbartonshire 1864
Tait     -   Maybole 1858

Offline jeenie

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing the family of STORYs in Cumberland
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 April 07 06:08 BST (UK) »
I have been unable to establish how William George STORY arrived in South Australia, nor details of his 1st marriage to Caroline KITTO from Cornwall, although family records say this occurred in 1848.  William died 13Aug1891 and his Death Certificate gives little detail other than he was 75.  Caroline died 16Nov1877, of breast cancer, and on his re-marriage on 8Mar1878 to Jane NEWMAN nee SKIPWORTH William gives his age as 56, and his father as John.  William's 95-year-old great grand daughter, who has a phenomenal memory of her early extended family members, is entirely certain without any doubt whatsoever, that William came from Carlisle. 

Any further information any sks could provide would be greatly appreciated.   :D   (There is an IGI record of a William Story's Christening 6Jan1822 in Saint Mary Carlisle, father John and mother Mary.)

(In my inexperience I previously thought I had to be brief, but now realize I was wrong.   :-[ :'(  )

Jeenie. 

Harvie -  Dunbartonshire 1864
Tait     -   Maybole 1858