Author Topic: Allaway/Gillgrace - Hurst area  (Read 4025 times)

Offline elrowe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Allaway/Gillgrace - Hurst area
« on: Thursday 22 March 07 13:14 GMT (UK) »
I have just discovered a Francis Allaway married to Jane Gillgrace in 1746, they had 4 children, William, James, Thomas and Francis, then I assume she died and he remarried an Elizabeth Gillgrace in 1756, they went on to have Mary (my line), Francis, Elizabeth, James, Sarah and Suzannah.  Both marriages took place in Hurst and all children were born in Hurst.  William seems to have gone on to marry and have around 10 children.  So far, I haven't been able to find where Francis Allaway or  Jane and Elizabeth Gillgrace (possibly even Gillgrass as both were in the area) actually came from, or who their parents were.  Anyone out there looking down the same lines?
Carol

Offline mikesue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Allaway/Gillgrace - Hurst area
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 May 07 17:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,
Have just found Rootschat!  And there you were!
William Allaway (b.Hurst), father of John Allaway (b. Hurst c.1770) was my great-great-great-great grandfather.  Someone told me they thought his father was Francis (and his grandfather was also Francis) so I have been searching for a Francis Allaway, but without success.  Where did you find him?
Basically, Francis (b. 1720ish, Hurst) married Jane Gillgrace and had William (b. 1747ish, Hurst) who married Ann Dunt and had John (b. 1771ish, Hurst) who married Ann Jones and had Nimrod (!) (born 1809, Finchampstead) who married Naomi Wildey and had Mary Ann (b. 1841 Finchampstead), who married George Loader (b. 1836, Finchampstead)and had Alice Sarah (b. 1861, Finchampstead) who married James henry Fowler (b. 1862, Farnham) and had my mum Olive in 1906.
Where do you fit in?
Sue

Offline elrowe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 May 07 09:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Yes, same guys, your William is brother to my husband's great-great-great-great-grandfather Francis Allaway and 2nd wife Elizabeth Gilgrace.  I got the info from the IGI where Ifound Francis's marriage details and both families for the Hurst records, however his birth was not listed on there, maybe he was from elsewhere....  I will leave my details on a personal message for you.
Regards, Carol

Offline haydon

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 June 08 17:38 BST (UK) »
hello is Hurst in Berkshire if so am interested  in any gillgrass family info hoping it is anything will help.haydon gillgrass
gillgrass or gilgrass  berkshire aberdare and rhondda vallies  tilley  bristol  easley rhondda  savery  bristol

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 June 08 18:10 BST (UK) »
Just wanted to make sure that you knew Hurst PRs are available online at

http://history.hvs.org.uk/Hurst/Parish-Reg-index.htm

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline haydon

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 June 08 19:00 BST (UK) »
thank you did not know very usefull.haydon
gillgrass or gilgrass  berkshire aberdare and rhondda vallies  tilley  bristol  easley rhondda  savery  bristol