Author Topic: Hawarden Parish Records- Abt. 1820-1823  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Aussie Derek

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hawarden Parish Records- Abt. 1820-1823
« on: Wednesday 28 March 07 23:50 BST (UK) »
 ???Looking for the marriage of John CONNAH b. Abt 1791 and Jane ? b. Abt 1796
Both born Hawarden Dist.

The mariage would be Abt. 1820-1823

Any help appreciated. Thanks :D
WEBB - KENT - Biddenden, Tenterden, Newington.
HORN - KENT - Newington, Faversham.
WHITE - KENT - Wrotham.
NAYLOR - KENT - Hartlip, Rainham.
FILMER - KENT & Worldwide.
CLINCH & HALES - KENT.
HARRIS - ESSEX
DICKINSON - HERTS.
COLLINS - OXFORDSHIRE - LONDON.
BRIMACOMBE, CARDER - OATS - DEVON.
JARVIS - KENT - LONDON.

Offline calles

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hawarden Parish Records- Abt. 1820-1823
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 June 08 17:41 BST (UK) »
Derek
Have searched the parish records for John Connah born  about 1790-1793 found two as follows
1 John connah born 10 Oct 1790 Broughton Hawarden. father John Connah, mother Ann Hewitt, his father was a collier
2 John Connah born 15 mar 1793 Hawarden father Richard Connah mother Ann Jones, father was a collier
The only marriage for a John Connah and a Jane around 1800 onwards is 5 Sep 1803 in Hawarden but that is much to early for your John to have married.
Will keep searching
                                   calles
piercy dann mcfarlane muggleton howard mansfield cross olley eves scotland anglesey scarbro norfolk kent hawarden

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
Re: Hawarden Parish Records- Abt. 1820-1823
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 October 08 12:56 BST (UK) »
Derek......

Can't help with the marriage, I do not have the the marriage records for that period, however, I do have the baptism's..........

Mary CONNAH / daughter of John CONNAH and Jane JONES / born March 5th 1821 , baptised April 1st 1821 / John was a labourer, and they lived at Broughton

Emma CONNAH / daughter of John Connah and Jane JONES / born August 6th 1823 , baptised August 31st 1823 / John was a labourer , and they Lived at Broughton.

Mary CONNAH / daughter of John CONNAH and Jane JONES / born October 19th 1826 . baptised November 2nd 1826 / John was a carter, and they lived at Broughton

The first Mary must have died .

Not sure if that is of any use to you ?

Kind Regards

JeannieR

PS. I have just checked the 1841 census, and found John and Jane , with the above  mentioned Emma, and a son Thomas who was 10.......

I feel Calles is correct in saying that John Connah and Jane Jones, were indeed married in 1803 .
John's age is given as 60 years old. The 1841 census, is notorius for rounding peoples ages up or down , by 5 years . John and Jane had several other children. If you would like the details, I would be happy to post them.

This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk