Author Topic: Wilson family  (Read 2052 times)

Offline chettyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wilson family
« on: Thursday 29 March 07 08:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

Does anyone have any connection to the Wilson family from Ford, Alberbury and Pontesbury? I would especially love to hear from anyone descended from any of the children of Thomas and Jane, (nee Passant) Wilson who lived at Oaks, Pontesbury. Thomas was born in Alberbury in 1814,  Jane in Westbury about 1816, and they married in 1837. Their children were Ann, John, Mary, Jane, Thomas (my great grandfather), William, Eliza, Elizabeth, Henry and Emily.

I know that Henry Wilson born about 1855 moved to Runcorn and Weaverham in Cheshire and became a police constable. He married Sophia Langley of Puddington. Elizabeth married Richard Corbett of Shrewsbury and had a son, also called Richard. My great grandfather Thomas married Martha Roberts and lived in Wem and Oswestry. Their children were Ellen Jane, Emily (my grandma), Lizzie, Gertrude, Edward Victor, Henry George (Harry), and Dorothy.Would love to know what happened to the other children  and whether there are any descendants out there.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 April 07 09:20 BST (UK) »

Have you searched the Rootschat Surname Interest Table yet?  http://surname.rootschat.com/

Good Luck :D
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline chettyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson family
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 April 07 10:41 BST (UK) »
Yes I have checked the Surname Interest Table but no-one researching the same family as yet. Will keep looking. There must be someone out there. Thanks for your help.