Author Topic: Henry and Mary Evans  (Read 1872 times)

Offline chettyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Henry and Mary Evans
« on: Thursday 29 March 07 10:39 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the marriage of my 3xgreat grandparents Henry and Mary Evans of Dudleston Heath, as I would like to know Mary's maiden name.The info I have is that Henry was born about 1800 in Ellesmere - his mother's name was Elizabeth (but don't know the name of his father), and he was a miller. Mary was born in St. Martins about 1796. Henry and Mary had 4 children-  Henry born 1825, John born about 1828, Richard born about 1831, and Sarah Ann (my great grandma) born about 1836. I found the births of the children on the IGI but the marriage was not there.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Henry and Mary Evans
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 April 07 09:17 BST (UK) »
The Shropshire Archives in Shrewsbury is where parish registers are held for viewing on microfilm http://www.shropshire.gov.uk/archives.nsf

I live in Shrewsbury, and unfortunately have not been able to get to the Archives for months and months (more's the pity!).  I have a huge list of look ups to do for several other Rootschat members, and would be more than happy to add yours to my list.  I would point out that you may have a long wait  :(

The other alternative would be to phone the Archives because they do offer a 10 minute look up for free, and the staff there are most helpful.  Your profile doesn't say where you are.......I just hope you're in the UK, otherwise that phone call might be expensive ;D

The Archives website contains all the contact information.

Good Luck :D
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline chettyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 April 07 10:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Lloydy

I'd be very grateful if you would add me to your long list. I do live in Shropshire but am unable to get to the Records Office. Will give them a ring to see if they can help, and if so I will contact you again.

Thanks for your advice.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 April 07 11:07 BST (UK) »

I shall add you chettyann ;)

Fingers crossed that you get a quick answer from the Archives, at least you'll know something now rather than having to wait for me ;D

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline chettyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 April 07 13:17 BST (UK) »
OK thanks. Will get back to you if they are able to help.