Author Topic: Pease family Northumberland & Yorkshire  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Dawn Beaton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pease family Northumberland & Yorkshire
« on: Saturday 31 March 07 05:53 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find any information about the Pease family of Northumberland/Yorkshire.  My 3X GG was born George Pease, (1810) born in Patrick Brompton to the parents, John Pease and Isabella Barwick.  The LDS site has more siblings: ( John Pease 1816, Ann Pease 1815, Mary Pease 1818. ((who later become Mary Graham)) Hanna Pease 1821, Nancy Pease 1823, James Pease 1825, Thomas Pease 1827, Joseph Pease 1832, Grace Pease 1834.  These siblings of Georges all appear to have been born in Kirkleavington, Yorkshire.  Obviously dates and names may vary slightly in the transcribing.

John Pease born 1816 appears in the census records in 1861, 1871, 1881 as a bank messanger.  I have a copy of a letter written to Mary Pease Graham in 1874 that mentions that John a brother to George worked for the Bank of England in Newcastle Upon Tyne.  Also a brother Henry a farmer was still living during the time of the letter.  Unfortunately I can not find any record of Henry being born.  It may be that Henry is a second name for Thomas or James.

I hope that there may be a Pease relation who can verify information for me.  My counties may be off as I am unfamiliar with England.  George came to Canada in 1835.

Thank you in advance for any information you can supply.

Dawn Beaton