Author Topic: Pillgwenlly  (Read 10137 times)

Offline Ladkyis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Still searching for those darned actors
    • View Profile
Re: Pillgwenlly
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 00:03 GMT (UK) »
The pleasure is all mine. I have been helped in my research by some wonderful people and the least I can do is to help someone else, and Newport is my town - oops sorry City.
I was born here and have lived within 30 miles of here all my life and she might be a dull and dirty old industrial town with no appreciable saving graces but she's my dirty old town and her history is the history of the industrial revolution - without some of the things that have happened in Newport our world would be very different.
I'll climb down off my soapbox, adjust my flat cap and muffler and be on my way, singing Cwm Rhondda  ;D

Ann :o
GIBBON, MCDADE, BRIDGER, GUILFOYLE, MACEY, JOHNSON, BELLEW, NATHAN, GEORGE, CLARKE.

Offline denben

• RootsChat Member
  • Can't stop until I know everything!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 January 05 00:26 GMT (UK) »
This thread brought a smile to my face and perhaps a tear to my eye.  I am a 'Pill boy' and I've lived in Newport all my life.

Holy Trinity Church was demolished in 1977 but I have a copy of Cliff Night's book and I could scan a photograph of the church if you wish.

Many of Holy Trinity's records are kept in the county records office at Cwmbran and they are a useful source of information.  Some records were passed to the parent church, St. Stephens.
Researching BENNETTs of Worcester & COTTERELLs of Westbury-on-Trym.  JAMES of Cheltenham, Charlton Kings  & West Town, Shirehampton. FORDS of Chawleigh and Budleigh Salterton, Devon.

Offline Pheobe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 January 05 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Denben

Thank you for your kind offer. I have emailed you a pm.

Pheobe
Bonehill -  Tipton, West Bromwich, Handsworth, Smethwick, Ladywood.

Jukes - Bradley Staffs.

Clements - Tewkesbury

Burrup - Tewkesbury

Rice - Cheltenham
Ashford - Witton B'Ham

Smith - Newport  and Cardiff
Duggan - Abervagenny -Ross on Wye - Hereford

Cole -  Hay on Wye - Hereford -

Hancock - Alcester and  Ettington Warwickshire

Medley - Oldham Lancashire