Author Topic: NORFOLK Research  (Read 3453 times)

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
NORFOLK Research
« on: Monday 29 November 04 22:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi all.

I live in the glorious County of Norfolk :o

I offer a research service in the Norfolk Record Office and the Local Studies Library in Norwich but will have to ask for payment.   :-[

Please feel free to contact me via personal message with your enquiries.    :)

I am also happy to take photographs, get Church leaflets, booklets, postcards etc etc.

Teddybear

Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline dizzi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: NORFOLK Research
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 December 04 20:56 GMT (UK) »
HI
COULD I PLEASE ASK FOR A LOOK UP IT'S MY GGG/GRANDAD JAMES LOCK BORN c1785 IN I THINK ATTELBROUGH NOT SURE HOW TO SPELL IT.
IN 1871-1881 HE WAS LIVING IN LONDON  ST STEPHENS ROAD.
I'M AFRAID ITS ALL I KNOW ABOUT HIM SORRY
GWEN
Finch/streatham
Lock/Bow-Sunbury
Hales/Ireland-Sunbury
Mansfield/Cardiff-london-middlesex
Brookings /Brookins/Witney-Streatham
Lynn/London
Hook/Westerham Kent
coleman / ireland
terry / london
Weaver/Crawley/Witney

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have looked at the Attleborough Parish Registers but there are no Locks baptised before the 1800's. 

I find that very often, people who have moved away from Norfolk will give their nearest town as place of birth so he could have been born in any of the surrounding villages.

Have you any details of his wife?

Have you located his will if he left one?

He is not on the 1851 census index for Norfolk either.

Best of luck and if you want further research done in the NRO please feel free to ask.  I charge £7.50 per hour for Record Office work.

Happy Christmas

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Teddy bear,

could you please help me with my family of Jennings and Meltons from Docking. They intermarry a couple of times and the one I am stuck on is this.

Robert Jennings born <1809> Docking, Nfk marries Mary Melton <1810> Docking, Nfk. They married in Docking 1831

I have no idea who Mary's parents were. Can you help.

The Lds has her parents down as Benjamin Melton and Ann Wales. but in the  census of Docking, Benjamin and Ann have there Mary Melton living with them.

Any information you can give me on Jennings or Meltons born in Docking from the early 1800's into the 1700's would be wonderful.

I am back as far as Samuel Jennings b. 1771  d. 1811 who married Elizabeth Davy b. 1775

Thank you for your wonderful offer. Hope to hear from you soon.

Merry Christmas Anjo

Offline dizzi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for looking for James Lock all i know of his wife is on census she is Matilda and Martha or Martia all diferent.
Thanks anyway
Gwen
Finch/streatham
Lock/Bow-Sunbury
Hales/Ireland-Sunbury
Mansfield/Cardiff-london-middlesex
Brookings /Brookins/Witney-Streatham
Lynn/London
Hook/Westerham Kent
coleman / ireland
terry / london
Weaver/Crawley/Witney

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 23:29 GMT (UK) »
PLEASE HOLD ON FOR A MINUTE

This is the For Sale / Wanted / Events Board. Please post requests for lookups etc. in the relevant boards, or respond to the service for sale.

Ba humbug
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline Catswhiskers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 23:46 GMT (UK) »
You miserable %&*%$ Trystan
Adams,Bownes, Brown, Law,Linley,Pickering,Sedman,Suckley

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 23:49 GMT (UK) »
Yes, aren't I ?!
 >:(
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.