Author Topic: PIPPARD MONTACUTE, GEARD, STAGG, HUTCHINS, RUGG and HAWKER in Montacute  (Read 20286 times)

Offline Freda Pippard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Pippard, Montacute, Geard, Stagg, Hutchins, rugg and Hawker in Montacute
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 July 05 15:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you David, You have helped me in my search for family members by finding my g grandfathers parents, this all adds up and will inevitably lead to a full tree on my fathers side Atleast.
My mother never told me of my fathers relations, I met a cousin a few years back who new nothing of me or my relation to him. He was samuel's son.

Thanks again for your help
    FREDA.

Offline AnnieR

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 October 05 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Just got another 'Stagg' (this family history is such a lovely, ongoing mystery!). Thomas Stagg, b.1782, had daughter, Hannah Stagg, b.1819, glove maker, married James Ryall, b.1822, stone cutter. They had 4 sons and 1 daughter. Names? All registered at the Townsend Baptist Chapel Private, Montacute. This info came from a generous person on the Stagg genealogy list. If anyone can inform me as to what the Townsend Baptist Chapel is would be most grateful. Also, of course, for more info on Ryalls and Staggs. Thanks.
Ryall, Bolitho, Retallack

Offline RPippard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 September 08 15:34 BST (UK) »
Hello

I have recently discovered that my great, great, grandfather is a Samuel Burt Pippard, born 1882, from Somerton. I understand that his elder and younger Siblings were called Nell and Robert, respectively. There is presently no information on their father's name.

Rosie, David, Freeda, is there any chance this ties-in with your information in any way?

Offline DavidLane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Retired and Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 September 08 06:46 BST (UK) »
Here you go, from Charles Pippard down to your man.

Charles Pippard born 1819 Montacute married Laura Baker, born 1822 Bristol. They wed in Longport (reg District) June 1841.

Amongst the children they had one Robert Pippard born 1853 in Somerton, he moved to Bristol where he met and married Susan Brooks in June 1874. Susan was born in 1855 Bridgewater.

They had several kids including your man Samuel Burt Pippard born 1882 in Barton Regis.

Should help I hope. I have not made a connection to the old chap Charles born Montacute, although I am sure all the Pippards would be connected in some way in that village/town. I have George Pippard born there in 1813, father James, mother Priscilla.

All of the above are in my research notes and are only my conjecture, IGI and census resources.

(spelt Pippara on the 1891 by the Ancestry.com people)

David in Perth, Western Australia.
David F Lane in Perth West Australia
Lookng for:
GENGE, PIPPARD
WRIGHT, Wrexham, Ruarbon
HARBON/HARBOURNE, Gloucs, Cardiff

Offline RPippard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 September 08 17:03 BST (UK) »
Hi David

Thank you so much for this incredibly useful information! This would definitely appear to tie-up with my family line.

I wonder how far back the Pippard family line goes, in the village of Somerton?

Best regards

RP

Offline RPippard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PIPPARD MONTACUTE, GEARD, STAGG, HUTCHINS, RUGG and HAWKER in Montacute
« Reply #14 on: Monday 29 September 08 10:02 BST (UK) »
Hi David

One more question if I may:

I have established that the Charles Pippard (born 1819) is in my family line. He is so far the furthest back that I have been able to trace, thanks solely to your incredibly kind help so far.

May I ask, have you been able to establish who Roberts' parents are, and where they might tie in with the earlier family line which you mention previously?

I would be so grateful for any more information which you might have.

Thank you

RP

Offline cpepperd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 07 January 09 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello David,
This is my first time using the roots chat room, but have seen your posts quite a few times when searching on google..I am interested in William Peppard b1757 in Montacute, Somerset as I am researching the Pepperd family in Westonzoyland.  Does William in you tree have any connection to George Peppard b abt 1781 living in Westonyzoyland in the 1841 census?

If you have information that would be wonderful...the IGI has very little on this area of Somerset

Thanks Claire Pepperd
wildsmith, pepperd, burnett, metcalfe, collingwood, freak, cossins, adamson

Offline rsegarden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 11:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi are you related to adelina pippard b 1879 her father was walter b 1853 mother rosina bool b1855 going back to william peppard 1757 regards eddie

Offline cpepperd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Eddie,

I have Adelina Pippard in my tree on Ancestry as being descended from William Pepperd b abt 1757 in Montacute but as yet I still haven't made the link between these Pepperds and my family in WestonZoyland..the name Pepperd Peppard and Pippard seems to vary so much on the census returns.  If I ever do find a link I will let you know!

Regards Claire 
wildsmith, pepperd, burnett, metcalfe, collingwood, freak, cossins, adamson