Author Topic: LOCK(E)S of Shropshire/Staffordshire  (Read 11673 times)

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: LOCK(E)S of Shropshire/Staffordshire
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 27 February 22 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Yes I am, look forward to chatting.
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline jonnybrowne1956

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 27 February 22 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Me too 😊
Browne/Brown, Rea/Reay/Ray, Walker, Breedon, Rowley, Smith, Lock, Davis, Griffin, Underhill, Dainter, Best, Lockett

Offline Burgg34

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I've just been given some print outs of my family tree that you might be interested in 😊

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 23 December 22 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you!

Does anyone know when Merrick's daughter Rebecca died?

She was married to a William Davis, and I have wondered if he is the same William Davis who got together with my 3x great grandmother, Lavinia Lock (sister of Matthew). 

The first child of William and Lavinia that we have found was born in 1832 when Lavinia would already have been 32 or 33.  If Rebecca died before this it's possible that it's the same William.  No idea when he was born.  No record of a marriage between William and Lavinia has been found so far.

William & Lavinia's eldest child Sarah married a Henry Davis who may have been a cousin.  His father's name according to their marriage registration was George.   
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline LockeRoots

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 30 December 22 19:32 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if there are any direct male descendants of George Lock of the Lock / Locke surname alive today, but if there are any direct male Lock / Locke descendants, I would love to see one of the Lock / Locke men get himself Y DNA tested some day. 

There are 2 direct male descendants of Matthew Lock Y DNA tested, one of which is in the Locke Y DNA project, the second was Y DNA tested with the Leicester University Romany DNA study.

There are 4 direct male descendants of George Lock whom married Sarah Hiatt, both of Colonial Virginia ( USA ) Y DNA tested.

There are 12 direct male descendants of Richard Lock & Mary ( maiden name unknown ), both of Colonial Virginia ( USA ) Y DNA tested, a 13th descendant of Richard Lock has been Y DNA tested, waiting on his Y DNA test results to be completed.

So 3 of the 4 Lock branches that are known to me, Matthew Lock, Richard Lock and George Lock have participated in Y DNA testing, but the 4th branch, George Lock who was married to Elizabeth has not participated in Y DNA testing as of yet.

The descendants of Matthew Lock, Richard Lock and George Lock & Sarah Hiatt, are known as Group 2 in the Locke DNA project.

We are using both the paper records in combination with the Y DNA test in hopes better answers can be found as to how Matthew, Richard & George are related. So far, I am the only Locke to have been Big Y 700 DNA tested which is a combination Y DNA ( STR ) and SNP ( Y Haplogroup ) test which is a very expensive DNA test.
I was placed in Y Haplogroup H-BY67262 which is downstream of H-M82.

Lock / Locke unofficial single surname study.

Admin. of the Locke Y DNA project which includes the Lock surname.
Admin. of the Lock / Locke Genealogy & DNA facebook page.

Y DNA participant of Group 2 in the Locke DNA project.
Y Haplogroup H- M82 ( H-BY67262 )

Offline TerriLocke

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 19 March 24 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm Terri Locke and a descent of Matthew Locke and remembrance boswell.

I was wondering if any one could help me
I'm looking for my grandad William henry locke his parents and the connections
William was born in 1926 maybe around the oct/Nov

Maybe my grandad might be connected to a noah locke, any help would be appericated

Terri Locke